Greatest Individual Performance in a City Shirt

Zabaleta against the Rags in the FA cup semi definitely deserves a mention. He was immense at snuffing out danger in the second half. Scholes thought so and decided to assault him and pretty much got sent off for frustration. Really big day for us as a club trying to break through into the ‘monopoly’.
Zaba v Barcelona definitely deserves a mention.
I know I already called that game for Gundo as his greatest ever in a blue shirt, but the way Zaba absolutely pocketed Neymar that night was absolutely outstanding

Obs am leathered but if anyone thinks that Kinkladze performance against Newcastle was not the best ever , it was delightful and beautiful, if you where born in the late 80’s early 90s , it’s slightly different, but in 96 we ( us ) had Kinkladze, Oasis and it was mint , Villa Park ( Kinkladze megged Tommy Johnstone3 times , watch the last meg ) then back to Maine Road it was fucking mint , got relegated a week and a day later .

It's a good call. His two goals were crucial. Was he outstanding in the rest of the game, though? Genuine question, I really can't remember. I only remember hiding behind the sofa (figuratively speaking, I was in the pub for that one). I was terrified of that match. I felt that we'd unconsciously relax after the huge effort against United, and throw away having clawed back those eight points.
I think he was pretty good throughout that game. Barcodes were doing well at home at that time, so a win there was huge.

Bert,Southend fa cup. january 56
You were there? I've only read about it (the book about the 1956 Cup run.) To get to Southend from Manchester in those days you'd have had to set off about two days beforehand!

Peter Barnes v AC Milan or Juventus, cant remember which now. That full back can though.
Alex Williams v spuds away.
Mark Lillis in the Full members final.
All eleven in the Demolition Derby. (5-1 Version) with special mention to Gary Fleming.
Difficult nowadays as we are so consistent, and have little chance of one player stealing the show as the rest are so good you'd need a world class performance to stand out.
Alex Williams had a brilliant game at Stamford Bridge one year. First season back in the old 2nd Division, before the ground was renovated and the away section was about a mile from the pitch.
The Chelsea fans (who had a notoriously racist following in those days)gave him shit loads of abuse, he played a blinder and kept a clean sheet. From memory, Jim Tolmie scored with our only shot on goal with that really good free kick that day (that certainly shut them up!)

Gerry Gow, week in week out when John Bond brought him in. I recall most tackles being legally above knee height.
How long would Gerry Gow remain on the pitch these days without getting sent off?
City fans loved his attitude, a bit like Zaba his name would be almost constantly sung.
One game that stands out was away at Palace shortly after Bond took over.
City had given away a 2 goal lead (one of which he'd scored) obviously pissed off he started a bit of a 'scrap'. The ref could have given him his marching orders but instead he went and scored a last minute winner for us!

You were there? I've only read about it (the book about the 1956 Cup run.) To get to Southend from Manchester in those days you'd have had to set off about two days beforehand!
wasnt there,buti rember it well,only a kid then (14) but i did get to the final.Bert had plenty of those games as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.