Greatest individual performance

bluemc1 said:
asked my old fella last night he said fanny lee in league cup final, anyone remember it ?

1970 Final v West Brom.....Yep, 'Franny' was immense that day on a bog of a Wembley pitch....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy0erbcc0IA[/youtube]

Sky Blue said:
bluemc1 said:
asked my old fella last night he said fanny lee in league cup final, anyone remember it ?

1970 Final v West Brom.....Yep, 'Franny' was immense that day on a bog of a Wembley pitch....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy0erbcc0IA[/youtube]

thanks for that

Bluechipblue said:
Has to be Arthur Mann v West Ham 1970 at Maine Road for me. Arthur was a full back, but for some reason was deployed on the wing against the Hammers. What followed was one of the finest wing displays I can ever recall. Also Joe Corrigan v QPR in 1975. At one end was Joe and the other end Phill Parkes. Both keepers were unbeatable that day. Although the score ended 0-0, it was one game that always sticks in my mind.

I went through all the pages to see if Arthur Mann had been mentioned before posting.
Yes I will always remember that game as I was stood on the Kippax, he was marauding down the wing like a man possessed. Next day all the papers gave him a 10/10 rated performance, he deserved more.

Dunne at Old Trafford when we won 2-1.
He was brilliant that day.

Keith Curle when we beat Liverpool 1-0 (White scored the winner).
He had the much lauded Dean Saunders in his pocket.

Anelka in 3-1 win over the Rags.
I know that Berkovic and Goater got the headlines, but Anelka just blew camel gob away that day and they couldn't handle him all afternoon!

One of my favourites is Zabaleta against Wigan at home when Dunne got sent off. Seemed as if every time they were in our half they were being pressured/tackled by Zabaleta, he was everywhere. Also Bellamy against one of the Danish teams we played in the UEFA cup, never stopped running and destroyed their defence all game with his pace and workrate before banging in a couple late on.

Rascal said:
cleavers said:
cleavers said:
All of these, I can't remember my early days in the 70's, but I'm sure there were many.

I'd add Yaya at Newcastle last year, doesn't top those three but it was good.
There must be an Andy Morrison one somewhere too.

I dont recall a great performance from him. Just lots of very good very consistent games where he drove us on with his leadership. A figure who is arguably the most important player in our history i reckon.

I second that!

Kare Ingerbritson on very very rainy Maine against Leicester. We were 4 nil up he had a hatrick and they abandon the game due to the pitch beiing waterlogged.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.