Greatest Manchester Band?

Matty said:
I don't think Prince is as 'loved' as you think BT, certainly not in the UK.

Sorry, but I think the TWENTY ONE (and tickets still like gold dust) sold out nights, at the O2 just last year shows that the little purple genius IS still very much loved here in the UK.

My best Manc band vote goes to ;

ALBERTO Y LOST TRIOS PARANOIAS

How many of these 'Manchester Bands' listed in this thread have stayed in Manchester...?

Bozo said:
How many of these 'Manchester Bands' listed in this thread have stayed in Manchester...?

If you could afford to live anywhere in the world, would you choose Manchester?

GStar said:
Hotrocks said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Oasis not only my favourite but the greatest.

Who else could sell out three Wembley stadium dates (270,000 tickets), two Heaton Park dates (140,000) plus they will sell out the third date (extra 70,000), Slane Castle (90,000), SOL (45,000), Murrayfield (60,000), so thats 675,000 tickets sold in a few hours?

No one else comes close, they could also have a set list of 50 songs that everyone would know, not many bands could do that either.

LEGENDS

Oasis had one half decent album, and are followed by cloth eared fuckers who couldnt recognise a good tune if it hit them in the face. The people who got to their gigs are not much different from the people who say they are " MAN U" (god I hate that term) fans, just because they think it is the acceptable thing to do.

Oh and The Chameleons are the best Manchester band ever!

I take it you've been to an Oasis gig then... putting you into the "Cloth eared" "Man U" type fans category you just described?

Yes I went to a couple of Oasis gigs (the last being Maine Road), and dont get me wrong they were great. They were always just a one trick pony though. I remember Blur calling them Quoasis and how right they were.

Actually these days I think that is an insult to Status Quo.

And yes I am a blue, I even remember Noel tagging along with some of the Burnage lads in the eighties

neely8 said:
It will always be The Chameleons for me. Go on, have a listen: <a class="postlink" href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pDSnpc1W1Vc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pDSnpc1W1Vc</a>
Agreed. along with the smiths.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.