Greatest midfielders you have watched

Socrates - Brazil, I feel honoured I got to see him, sadness for those who didn't, a beautiful beautiful player who had everything, including a 40 fags a day habit.

Remember him from when I was a kid, always looked so effortless. If Wikipedia is to be believed, he only played 158 club games and 60 for Brazil. An astonishingly small number of matches.

for older viewers, the wing halves were 'midfielders', inside forwards played between them and the c/f and wingers. On City's pitch it was easy to make out, Highbury and the like, short/narrow, not so .
Ken Barnes and Roy Paul , Ken the creator Roy the enforcer. were typical, both mid-fielders, different roles. Managers rarely chopped and changed, buying like for like when forced to. Colin Bell could play any position, mid-field his best imo. Kinky was a perfect example of a no.10. as is our Spanish maestro, Di Stefano, ZZ, Rivaldo, Messi but on a higher level to all the rest, Pele was king but played in a team full of stars that gave him carte blanche , which his rivals did not have. Can't choose, just glad to have seen such an array of brilliant footballers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.