Greatest midfielders you have watched

In that order ?
Haha no not in that order. Top 3 probably in the right order. The longer the list got I realised I couldn’t put it in order. Plus it spans a few decades and the game has changed a few times over the years. Some of today’s players would be gash on an early 90s cut up pitch for example.

Zinedine Zidane
Yaya Touré
Andres Iniesta

Pavel Nedved was brilliant at Lazio and Juve but doesn't seem to get the same recognition as other players of his era.
He was top class! When he and Zidane played together in midfield for Juve that was the best midfield in Europe even with Keane and Scholes playing together.

Duncan Edwards. R.I.P.
Only saw him once so it's a daft sentimental choice really.
From those I watched and understood, Yaya, Silva, Zola, Bell.
And there was Albert, brilliant lad from Hungary at Goodison in the 1066 World Cup.

My ex's Dad was there, very knowledgeable fellow, he said Garrincha was the best player he'd ever seen and was on another level to anyone else, high praise.

Lothar Mathaus
Stefen Effenberg

If I'm allowed to add my choice, even though I know most don't like him on here..........Glenn Hoddle.

Without a doubt the most naturally gifted English player I've ever seen. Best passer of the ball I've ever seen....period.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.