Greatest midfielders you have watched

If I'm allowed to add my choice, even though I know most don't like him on here..........Glenn Hoddle.

Without a doubt the most naturally gifted English player I've ever seen. Best passer of the ball I've ever seen....period.

Post what you want mate, it’s an open forum.

Mine are-

C.Ronaldo
D.Silva
KDB
Iniesta
Yaya
Lampard
Xavi
Scholes
Zola
Modric
Alonso

Quite a long list.

I know it’s well before my (and most on here) time, but we used to chat to a gent in the lift on the way up to and down from CBL3, who was in his 90s, and he reckoned Peter Doherty was still the best he’d seen.

Last edited:
Duncan Edwards. R.I.P.
Only saw him once so it's a daft sentimental choice really.
From those I watched and understood, Yaya, Silva, Zola, Bell.
And there was Albert, brilliant lad from Hungary at Goodison in the 1066 World Cup.
Is that the game where Harold King got a hat trick?

If I'm allowed to add my choice, even though I know most don't like him on here..........Glenn Hoddle.

Without a doubt the most naturally gifted English player I've ever seen. Best passer of the ball I've ever seen....period.
Glenn hoddle was a fantastic player.Can remember ( from tv)so many many brilliant performances for Spurs back in the day.time stood still when he had the ball,graceful skiful, brilliant range of passing, so many fantastic goals.
Best midfied player ive seen live is Yaya Toure.

Going back to the 70s as a kid watching on tv, Tigana for France,Brady at Arsenal and Muhren at Ipswich were all outstanding,gifted players ,on a completely different level to others.

Thanks man. He always amazed me, a Gammy knee and played a few games half cut, but still one of the best
He was one of the best, despite his knees, and his problems. Huge physical presence on the pitch.
He said in an interview he asked the Piss Can for a raise and he was fucked off. He went to villa but had he stayed he’d have won a lot with those other ****s and he’s be far more celebrated than he is. He’s up there with the best but rarely spoken about.

He was one of the best, despite his knees, and his problems. Huge physical presence on the pitch.
He said in an interview he asked the Piss Can for a raise and he was fucked off. He went to villa but had he stayed he’d have won a lot with those other ****s and he’s be far more celebrated than he is. He’s up there with the best but rarely spoken about.

He was a beast mate. Hard as nails, a great footballer

I once read an interview about how he went up against Bug Dunc and got the better of him physically too. I would have just let that bastard have the ball

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.