Greatest Movie Director

If I was to compile a list of my favourite films, John Carpenter would feature most prominently. The Thing and The Fog at the top, Halloween and and Assault on P 13 would be top 30 too.
Lynch, Spielberg, Coppola, Kubrick and Scorsese would be there too.
No such thing as a perfect director though, they have done their fair share if shite aswel. The Ward, Dune, Crystal Skull, Jack, Eyes Wide Shut and ?????? Ok Scorsese hasnt done a bad film fair play, one or two mediocre ones at worst.
I personally loved Eyes Wide Shut.

Tarantino deserves a mention, too.

Yes, Alfred was special. Though his insistence on using stage sets rather than real locations makes some of his films a tad cringeworthy to view now. He was certainly a big enough name in the business to have insisted on more on-location shooting than he did. That said, Vertigo is always in my top 5, and I love NxNW, Marnie and Frenzy too.

For this thread I’d also mention Michael Mann, Christopher Nolan and Sergio Leone. And of course David Lean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.