Greatest premier league team

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by lee one pen, 28 Jul 2017.

1. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

I think the CL is considered the be all and end all in Europe, and with owners, but PL is hardest trophy to win...by far...and is, IMHO, why so few PL teams get to the SF of the CL. That and the bent draws!

2. Mid Wales blue

Mid Wales blue

We’ll never be great
    We’ll never be great
    So say the media
    With their fu##ing hate.

3. schfc6

schfc6

We're way past that already!

4. waspish

waspish

Apparently the premier league standard this season has been the poorest ever! #NewNarartive

5. cibaman

cibaman

PL table in 98/99:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=...pE5NYLIGo#sie=lg;/m/04nv1b;2;/m/02_tc;st;fp;1

Its obviously difficult if not impossible to compare say this year's Huddersfield team with 98/99's Wimbledon, but overall I dont think that the 98/99 PL was exactly brimming with quality.

If it were possible to play a mini league involving Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, West Ham and Villa from 98/99 and United, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal from this season I would expect the teams from this year to dominate

6. tommcfc

tommcfc

If we can retain the title next season and the one after that would be a key test. Undoubtedly this team in this one season has had the greatest year in PL history.
    I think the point being we need to prove it's not a one off year, that as a team we're capable of repeating the feat.

Scum won it 2006/07 - 2007/08 - 2008/09. 3 seasons back to back. Since then (2009/10 onward) it's not been retained by anyone. That would be the marker, the first team to retain the PL crown in 10 years.
    I think if we can win it again next year along with another domestic trophy, no one will be able to question the "greatness" of this side.

7. Willie Wontie

Willie Wontie

100 and 100

Has anyone suggested calling them The Centurions?

Be a great concept

8. Manchester1894

Manchester1894

Based on winning PL football matches, City have equaled Chelsea's record of 30. 3 games to go to break it!

United's 1999 team achieved a great feat with winning 3 cups, but as a standalone Premier League, they had the second lowest number of wins on record... 22 in one season.
    The lowest belongs also to United in 1996, 21 wins.

To put that 99 campaign into context. Pep's first Premier League last season racked up 23 wins and we finished in 3rd.

Our aim should be 33 wins.. then we'll sit back and watch the journos' try and explain that one.

9. tommcfc

tommcfc

No, don't think it's been mentioned at all

10. gkmcfc

gkmcfc

Mad to think, the "fantastic" treble winning team wouldn't even finish in the top 3 in the last few seasons!