Greg Cunningham...

southern muppet said:
Full-back is the position that takes the longest to grow into. Give him time. I would loan him out to a club at the highest level we can, for a season. He's got two Republic of Ireland caps already and while they aren't the best national team in the world they're hardly the Faroe Islands either.

Call me crazy but I think some of these players should be loaned to the continent, those leagues often have more emphasis on the technical side and positional sense. What came of our supposed link with AC Arles-Avignon? We should do with them, what the Scum do with Royal Antwerp or whoever it is..

What about Kieran Gibbs?

He looks like a natural already.

skillman said:
southern muppet said:
Full-back is the position that takes the longest to grow into. Give him time. I would loan him out to a club at the highest level we can, for a season. He's got two Republic of Ireland caps already and while they aren't the best national team in the world they're hardly the Faroe Islands either.

Call me crazy but I think some of these players should be loaned to the continent, those leagues often have more emphasis on the technical side and positional sense. What came of our supposed link with AC Arles-Avignon? We should do with them, what the Scum do with Royal Antwerp or whoever it is..

What about Kieran Gibbs?

Some are different to others. What about Micah Richards? He still hasn't fully grown into the role yet and he's what, 22? Still makes the odd positional clanger.

southern muppet said:
skillman said:
What about Kieran Gibbs?

Some are different to others. What about Micah Richards? He still hasn't fully grown into the role yet and he's what, 22? Still makes the odd positional clanger.

Thing is though Micah at 18 looked light years ahead of where Cunningham is now. And he had the physique and pace to make up for some positional deficiencies. Cunningham is slow, can't pass, small in stature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.