Greg dyke says he will be depressed if city win the league

Re: Greg dyke says he will be depressed if city win the leag

Does he not realise that one of England's brightest stars for the upcoming world cup was brought through our academy..
Bloke's a know nothing clown.

ForzaMancini said:
Stop flapping people and remember how papers twist someone's words.

"that's pretty depressing" was said in response to the fact that the likely champions of England will only have one or two Englishmen in their line-up. As the Chairman of the FA currently trying to reform the league system I would be amazed if he could say anything other than that. He has not said it would be depressing if City won the league, only depressing that the league champions have few Englishmen. It is pretty much his job to have that opinion. As City fans, the reason we have few Englishmen is probably what explains our league position so we couldn't give too much of a fuck.

True but it must be said that the story and Dyke's comments lack any balance. Not a single word is written about the MCFC academy - how it is working now and the number of young players from MCFC in the England under 18 set up, nor about the huge investment in facilities, etc. We all should know how difficult it is for young players to be developed and nurtured to finally make the top level, but surely the investment MCFC is making must be recognised. The adage of Rome not being built in a day applies. It seems to me that our current efforts and investments will enable a significant number of young English (and other nationalities) players to emerge into top class football in the next 3 - 5 years, and beyond. Surely these factors were worthy of a mention, if not by Dyke then by the Telegraph - but then why should we expect balanced reporting.

forevermancity said:
According to the back page of the telegraph

Surely he can't say that?

he's a bald cnut

He seems to think the PL has some sort of duty to the England team, which it most certainly does not.

PL clubs have a purpose of winning trophies for their fans and, in some cases, money for their owners.

I see this as Dyke's plan to reduce the standard of the PL. English players aren't good enough - simple as. Quotas will just reduce the PL standard. That's all very fine for Dyke but I'm not sure the rest of us will want that.

Oh dear, what an impartial article coming from someone in such a high position! Keep your finger in the dyke hole Greg

I thought nookie bear had been put away in his box

the guys a clown the fact he supports the rags should make that obvious. you can look throughout the leagues and find player that came through our academy, ok they never made it with us in the end but they are still plying their trade for example 2 have just been promoted with burnley,

Of course he will he is a fucking rag!

Couldn't care fucking less about England and as a club, we do what's right for us and not them cunts!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.