Grenfell Tower block disaster

Pertinent letter posted in the Times today:

DDQVyoKXkAEkoPr.jpg

Wonder whatever happened to this chap's son?

Last edited:
May made statement in the Commons about the fire and repeatedly failed to commit to reimburse councils for making high rise safe. Just after agreeing a billion for NI.

But she also responded to a question about fire service cuts by saying at Grenfell it was not just firefighters but urban search and rescue teams involved. Surely the only USAR teams in London are drawn from London firefighters?
USAR teams are made up from all different brigades, initially there will be a small contingent from London and they will be supplemented from around the country.

my friend lives in bickerdike court longsight and was told today that their cladding did not pass the new government test. I think they will get new cladding but have been told no sprinklers. it is a 15 storey block.

http://www.london-fire.gov.uk/150/richard-binder-central-operations-group-manager.asp
USAR teams are made up from all different brigades, initially there will be a small contingent from London and they will be supplemented from around the country.
London FB has its own USAR teams. There's also the International teams (i.e. UK firefighters going to disasters abroad). Have they been deployed to Grenfell? If not (even if they have) it's not going to do much to lessen the effects of the cuts. With more to come.

http://www.london-fire.gov.uk/150/richard-binder-central-operations-group-manager.asp
London FB has its own USAR teams. There's also the International teams (i.e. UK firefighters going to disasters abroad). Have they been deployed to Grenfell? If not (even if they have) it's not going to do much to lessen the effects of the cuts. With more to come.
Each brigade had their own USAR teams I know in the north west a lot have been amalgamated, I would think USAR teams may have been deployed, I certainly saw dogs on the TV initially after the fire was out, they are mainly used to make structures safe to ensure others can go in and search.

my friend lives in bickerdike court longsight and was told today that their cladding did not pass the new government test.

There is no "New test", they all failed under the testing procedure that has been in existence for years.

Interesting article from the beeb on how building standards have been bypassed.

Why do England's high-rises keep failing fire tests? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40418266

It would appear the change in the regulatory mechanisms in 2006 for design safety compliance is indeed the loophole through which the Building Industry via the Building Control Alliance (BCA) industry body has driven a tank through called "BCA guidance documentation" that provides a 'desktop study' mechanism fir certifying cladding materials.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you exhibit A; the 'Smoking Gun'

Fecking unbelievable....

Last edited:
Pertinent letter posted in the Times today:

DDQVyoKXkAEkoPr.jpg

Wonder whatever happened to this chap's son?

He became a senior member of a government that oversaw a failure to review reports on fire regs and high rise buildings because it might have been costly for developers to implement so its rich his dad submits this letter without declaring his son's own potential culpability as part of that governments obfuscation in the event of any future enquiry

May made statement in the Commons about the fire and repeatedly failed to commit to reimburse councils for making high rise safe. Just after agreeing a billion for NI.

But she also responded to a question about fire service cuts by saying at Grenfell it was not just firefighters but urban search and rescue teams involved. Surely the only USAR teams in London are drawn from London firefighters?

she is too busy distancing government and its ministers from any blame enquiry to promise that sort of support

He became a senior member of a government that oversaw a failure to review reports on fire regs and high rise buildings because it might have been costly for developers to implement so its rich his dad submits this letter without declaring his son's own potential culpability as part of that governments obfuscation in the event of any future enquiry
Did you expect him to reference his own son's putative culpability in that letter? If so, you have discernibly high expectations of people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.