Grenfell Tower block disaster

Interesting article from the beeb on how building standards have been bypassed.

Why do England's high-rises keep failing fire tests? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40418266

It would appear the change in the regulatory mechanisms in 2006 for design safety compliance is indeed the loophole through which the Building Industry via the Building Control Alliance (BCA) industry body has driven a tank through called "BCA guidance documentation" that provides a 'desktop study' mechanism fir certifying cladding materials.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you exhibit A; the 'Smoking Gun'

Fecking unbelievable....

another triumph resulting from "light touch" regulation......

Why do England's high-rises keep failing fire tests? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40418266
It would appear the change in the regulatory mechanisms in 2006 for design safety compliance is indeed the loophole through which the Building Industry via the Building Control Alliance (BCA) industry body has driven a tank through called "BCA guidance documentation" that provides a 'desktop study' mechanism fir certifying cladding materials.
Fecking unbelievable....
Can a public inquiry suggest that the loopholes were so obviously dangerous that any designer/manufacturer/installer etc taking advantage of them was deviating from good practice and hence knowingly exposing residents to risk?

Can a public inquiry suggest that the loopholes were so obviously dangerous that any designer/manufacturer/installer etc taking advantage of them was deviating from good practice and hence knowingly exposing residents to risk?
I'm sure they can, but as the article suggests, if everyone was doing it, it's unlikely that any legal charges will stick in a court of law.

another triumph resulting from "light touch" regulation......
Yes indeed.
I wonder when John McDonnell and co will start having a pop at those in the Labour party who were responsible for this bloody awful legislation that was brought in in 2006 that allowed this to happen?
Of course they only opened a loop hole that the industry exploited but they have been rather keen to throw mud.

9 hospital trusts covering 38 sites now thought to have this cladding, although the names haven't been disclosed.

Fecking unbelievable....

I echo your last sentence BA and believe the last sentence in the BBC report says it all:

´´Accepted professional practice has systematically reduced the fire resistance of our tall buildings.´´

Never again must we quote professional to mean upholding standards and values.

The individual Professional Organisations appear to have done their best to assist their members to make profits at the expense of Safety via loopholes that they knew were exactly that.
This differs from Financial Advisers who seek loopholes in Tax Systems with a victim less objective in that these Construction Professionals exploited loopholes at the expense of Fire Safety and ultimately lives.

Very angry residents on BBC

shouting and standing up to the housing minister.

Shocking stuff really, no order. The housing minister is trying to answer questions, but they have already judged him and don't care what he says.

There's a guy on there called Sid which keeps taking over, needs to calm down as they are not doing themselves any favours.

Yes indeed.
I wonder when John McDonnell and co will start having a pop at those in the Labour party who were responsible for this bloody awful legislation that was brought in in 2006 that allowed this to happen?
Of course they only opened a loop hole that the industry exploited but they have been rather keen to throw mud.

McDonnell said "political decisions over decades". But what exactly is this bloody awful legislation that was brought in in 2006?

Corbyn is trying to turn this political but Labour have as much blood on their hands and Tony Blair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.