Growing a beard/ goatee

So yesterday...

images

That's what happens when the ladies get a Hollywood

I rocked a Goatee for many years, year round, now I'm on a full beard, but can't let it grow long or it just looks messy, so trim once a fortnight back down to 5mm. I love the fact I only shave the neck and above the beard every 3-4 days or so.

Growing from scratch takes a little time, so OP, I'd give it a couple of weeks at least to bed in. Different people grow beards at different timescales, Richard Keys can grow one in 4 hours !

Then invest in a trimmer to keep it manageable and to trim around it and also the bit above the top lip or you end up eating more beard than food.

Thinking of growing a beard/ goatee been 4 days now not 100% sure about it,how long does it take to start looking good so you can trim/shape it and who on here has one
Once you get past the 6-12 week itch, it's fine. If it bothers you, use moisturiser.

It's going to look shit for a long time (2 months, depending on how fast your hair grows naturally) That's when the razor comes out and you regret it and have to start over again, but you need to resist the urge.

I've been growing mine for a few years, it's about 9 inches long now, trimmed it to a shorter length because I was sick of it getting stuck in coat zips.

I had a beard all through my 20's then I shaved it of the day of my wedding. Wife had a bit of a shock when she arrived at church..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.