Grown Men on Bikes

Helmet Cole said:
Come on fellas we are not exactly getting a ballanced argument here are we - lets hear from a gay that wears lycra and jumps red lights

Hilarious, well done.

Lots of angry drivers writing on here.

Ooh, those nasty horrible cyclists, they must smell when they get to work.

Why do drivers get so annoyed at nothing? We know it happens. Christ, if I got annoyed everytime a car driver did something stupid, which is all the time as it happens, I would have had a heart attack years ago.

Listen to the music, look at the scenery, and if a bke rider wants to hurry home, so what. It's not affecting your life, is it?

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
NathanC said:
Blue Smartie said:
NathanC said:
I went for a ride this morning, on my carbon fibre road bike, full lycra, clipless pedals... I overtook cars, ran red lights and hogged lanes.

Suck it.
Looks like you're the one who sucks it! (;

If you had 7% body fat and legs like mine, you would look good in lycra too.

most cyclists are smug crows......see above...need I say more? Would anyone actually want to have a pint with this man? Me neither. I bet he's called Malcolm.
Well I'm pretty sure the name "NathanC" means that his name is actually Nathan...

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
BimboBob said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Now, I am not one to judge but I have a long standing belief that real men don't pedal. I have no issues with people choosing to cycle as a hobby but I am yet to meet a man that cycles to work who isn't a bit of a crow.

1) They don't pay road tax, insurance etc.

2) The do not obey the basics of the laws of the road.....I smack round the chops with a highway code would not go a miss for most of them.

3) Any man who see's cycling shorts/lycra in 2009 as suitable attire needs to have a word with himself.

4) Roads are for cars, simple as.

Ahem...i am a grown man,i cycle to work.I stop at red lights and everything and don't wear fucking lycra.I also use my bike to go to the gym.

Your point being?

If I accidentally missed you and apologised would you accept and pedal on your merry way or flick the V's and call me (and I quote) a "twat" as recently happened to me. I don't even drive to work, I get the metrolink, but most cyclists (the work ones) are smug crows.....not all, most.

If you said sorry then that would be it.Then i would realise it was you and still call you a twat...

merlot somme said:
I cycle everywhere because I don't drive, so I do about a hundred to a hundred and twenty miles a week. I would agree with BB2 that roads are for cars in as much as while there are so many cars on the roads there isn't always room for cyclists as well. Unless the roads are somehow emptied of cars the government shouldn't encourage more people to cycle, it's just silly.

From a cyclist's (at least this cyclist's) point of things the best drivers on the road by some distance are the drivers of the big articulated lorries, perhaps because they've had the most training, it's their job, and they know how much damage they can do. The worst are bus drivers, again by some distance.
years ago you would be right,most artics were british driven.nowadays so many are from eastern europe lefthand drive dodgy tachos overloaded, mirrors that are inadequate.A van has poor vision to the rear quarters and there are millions of them.If every cyclist was aware of this i am sure they would be safer.no good being in the right when you are brownbread.Selfish and arrogant behaviour is not dependent on what form of transport is used or how much training is given ,An arsehole is an arsehole no matter what they drive or ride.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.