Grown Men on Bikes

allblackcitizen said:
NathanC said:
What is it with the short bashing?

Would you bag out Michael Phelps for wearing speedos? No.

The shorts are specially designed to reduce wind resistance, has chamois-style padding around the groin etc for when you're on a bike saddle for hours at once....

You can get baggy shorts with the chammy lining. That's what I wear at any rate.

On a road bike though, or for commuting?

NathanC said:
allblackcitizen said:
NathanC said:
What is it with the short bashing?

Would you bag out Michael Phelps for wearing speedos? No.

The shorts are specially designed to reduce wind resistance, has chamois-style padding around the groin etc for when you're on a bike saddle for hours at once....

You can get baggy shorts with the chammy lining. That's what I wear at any rate.

On a road bike though, or for commuting?

Commuting. Wind resistance isn't uppermost in my mind on the way into the office.

But I was just pointing out that there is an alternative to bollock displaying lycra for those seemed bothered by the shorts.

If I was commuting, I would wear the mountain-bike style 'baggy' shorts too. But for proper road cycling, I wear lyrca nicks.

You don't like to "see" unsightly groin bulge on lycra clad male cyclists then don't look at their betty swollocks.You moan about paying road tax to build these red light jumping hooligans cycling lanes but,at least then they're out of your way allowing you miles of open road *snort*

Who pays for bus lanes? Road tax does I'd say ... Them same buses that defo demolish tarmac and pump oodles of fumes into kiddies lungs.

I'm a cyclist too but,not by choice as my driving license was taken away because I'd merely had a few then took the wheel like a great many people do.

Don't get your blood pressure up over something so trivial,you'll do yourself a mischief,you wanna take up some physical cardio-vascular enhancing excercise .... cycling maybe

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
My issue is more with the type of man that chooses to cycle, normally smug, vegetarian/vegan and drinks fair trade coffee. If they want to use public roads they should be insured and pay road tax.

Pretty much sums up all the cyclists I know.

There should definitely be a compulsory test for cyclists. The majority have not a clue on the road and are a death waiting to happen. My friend was driving along a while back, from in between two parked cars a cyclist road out in front of him without looking, needless to say, said cyclist was sent smashing onto the bonnet, windscreen, roof and then tarmac. Obviously he stopped to help the guy, but he had no fucking sympathy for him, when, by some miracle the guy was ok and the ambulance was called, my mate gave him a proper bollocking, shared the story when he arrived at our house, not one person who could drive was concerned about the cyclist.We were all in agreement that there must be some type of test for them. Ive nearly hit a few, but luckily havent.

svennis pennis said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
My issue is more with the type of man that chooses to cycle, normally smug, vegetarian/vegan and drinks fair trade coffee. If they want to use public roads they should be insured and pay road tax.

Pretty much sums up all the cyclists I know.

There should definitely be a compulsory test for cyclists. The majority have not a clue on the road and are a death waiting to happen. My friend was driving along a while back, from in between two parked cars a cyclist road out in front of him without looking, needless to say, said cyclist was sent smashing onto the bonnet, windscreen, roof and then tarmac. Obviously he stopped to help the guy, but he had no fucking sympathy for him, when, by some miracle the guy was ok and the ambulance was called, my mate gave him a proper bollocking, shared the story when he arrived at our house, not one person who could drive was concerned about the cyclist.We were all in agreement that there must be some type of test for them. Ive nearly hit a few, but luckily havent.

You can back that up with statistics can you?

Your little anecdote of a cyclist coming out from between 2 parked cars could easily have been a pedestrian - happens every day up and down the land. Do you reckon there should be a compulsory test for anyone who happens to walk across a road as well?

Here's a little anecdote for you. Last year I got tailgated on my bike by a Brighton cabbie while he yelled abuse out of his window and blasted on his horn. It was really fucking dangerous and illegal. Anyway I just stopped in front of him, took down his reg no (while he continued to shout abuse - something about all cyclists should be gassed or something) and cycled off to the cop shop and reported him. Upshot - he got a warning from the police and then had his taxi licence revoked by the Council and lost his job. Lesson - don't fuck with the Wongs!

I'd like to give you the freedom of the city for that -brilliant

same thing happened to me recently on Alan Turing Way

Blaring and baiting me
It takes guts to stand your ground when you know you're in the right-well done-in my case i meekly apologised and wished instantly that i'd held my nerve

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Now, I am not one to judge but I have a long standing belief that real men don't pedal. I have no issues with people choosing to cycle as a hobby but I am yet to meet a man that cycles to work who isn't a bit of a crow.

1) They don't pay road tax, insurance etc.

2) The do not obey the basics of the laws of the road.....I smack round the chops with a highway code would not go a miss for most of them.

3) Any man who see's cycling shorts/lycra in 2009 as suitable attire needs to have a word with himself.

4) Roads are for cars, simple as.

Ahem...i am a grown man,i cycle to work.I stop at red lights and everything and don't wear fucking lycra.I also use my bike to go to the gym.

Your point being?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.