Guardian: Joe Hart shows signs of frailty against Juve

Skashion said:
I agree, he has looked more nervy of late. Not holding onto the ball as well, and doesn't seem to have the same swagger either. Lacking confidence a bit now due to a few bad moment methinks, probably being harsh on himself. I'd stick with him but still give Given cup games - as it should have been all season.

trueblueboy said:
Listen everyone. I am not Joe Hart's biggest fan but was overjoyed to see him get his chance this season. His undoubted talent is there for all to see and some of his performances this season have been inspiring. We need a solid keeper for our international team and the position is Joe's to loose. However there is a problem at the moment with Man City with the best keeper at the club sitting on the bench. How anyone can say Joe Hart is a better goalkeeper than Given is blind. Given needs to be re-installed asap for the good of the club. Signed: Realist.
trueblueboy said:
How can you say that Joe Hart is going to be City's goalkeeper for a very long time??? That's a ridiculous statement. You don't know what's around the corner. Man City with all our money should not be a club to sit and wait on developing talent. We need finished articles if we are to suceed and that means we start this process by changing goalkeepers. Now.
C'mon Macca, we know it's you.

Hang on, I thought I was Macca? ;)

No on a serious note, Hart hasn't done a lot wrong this season, he's not done much to be honest, I thought he'd be a lot more tested than he has been.
And I think he's getting a little bit to harshly criticised.
I think Given is a better keeper to be fair, who should probably be given more games this season, more than the cup anyway, behind a baby defence.

But he's not, and like it or not, Hart's Mancini's to start so he does and we've to get behind him.
He had an incredible half against Spurs, and has played well enough in another game or two this season, lately he's making more mistakes and he's been looking nervy and on it's own that goal wouldn't mean much, it wasn't praticullarly his own fault, he got unlucky, he didn't judge the ball right it did get some spin on it from the deflection, and maybe he could have stopped it, but he didn't. I just hope these mistakes don't build up and if they continue to do so, I hope that Given is given a go, because the last thing we need is to be after Christmas with a keeper on poor form and Given's off at another club.

Hart doesn't have the experience that Given does, and for me, you need a devloped keeper in a team that is looking to win, there's no arguement that Hart has loads of potential, but I think we can't afford for him to be learning the ropes here. Every point is too important.

He's had the odd error in the last few games, however they are only highlighted because of how good he's been. Other keepers make these kind of errors every week. Nothing to get too excited about yet (I bet Given is watching it with relish though).

That article is a joke. That shot was unexpected, took a deflection and skimmed of a very slippy surface. People are posting about his perfrormance on the free kicks, isn't del perio one of the greatest free kick takers in the modern game? Granted he may be 82 but his technique striking a dead ball is the same. Joe is doing fine, it's just because he is so solid at the moment, when he doesn't leap across the goal line like a salmon, fingertipping a goal bound shot over the bar, he's having a mini crisis, to some.

glen quagmire said:
That article is a joke. That shot was unexpected, took a deflection and skimmed of a very slippy surface. People are posting about his perfrormance on the free kicks, isn't del perio one of the greatest free kick takers in the modern game? Granted he may be 82 but his technique striking a dead ball is the same. Joe is doing fine, it's just because he is so solid at the moment, when he doesn't leap across the goal line like a salmon, fingertipping a goal bound shot over the bar, he's having a mini crisis, to some.

Agreed. There aren't many better keepers than him about at the moment IMO. He will get better too. I thought he did OK against Juve, the goal was deflected & Del Piero's free kick was just very well taken.

Our defence & keeper are as solid as any one else's in the Prem League IMO.

Skashion said:
I agree, he has looked more nervy of late. Not holding onto the ball as well, and doesn't seem to have the same swagger either. Lacking confidence a bit now due to a few bad moment methinks, probably being harsh on himself. I'd stick with him but still give Given cup games - as it should have been all season.

trueblueboy said:
Listen everyone. I am not Joe Hart's biggest fan but was overjoyed to see him get his chance this season. His undoubted talent is there for all to see and some of his performances this season have been inspiring. We need a solid keeper for our international team and the position is Joe's to loose. However there is a problem at the moment with Man City with the best keeper at the club sitting on the bench. How anyone can say Joe Hart is a better goalkeeper than Given is blind. Given needs to be re-installed asap for the good of the club. Signed: Realist.
trueblueboy said:
How can you say that Joe Hart is going to be City's goalkeeper for a very long time??? That's a ridiculous statement. You don't know what's around the corner. Man City with all our money should not be a club to sit and wait on developing talent. We need finished articles if we are to suceed and that means we start this process by changing goalkeepers. Now.
C'mon Macca, we know it's you.

malg said:
He's had the odd error in the last few games, however they are only highlighted because of how good he's been. Other keepers make these kind of errors every week. Nothing to get too excited about yet (I bet Given is watching it with relish though).

They're only highlighted because we've got a better player, in many people's opinions, sitting on the bench. It'd be fine if we had a poor second rate sub keeper but we don't, and if you've got a keeper that good sitting on the bench, you're going to criticise every part of Hart's game that deserves to be criticised, and when people see him making mistakes, especially mistakes that we all but know Given wouldn't have made, it will happen and has and will continue to do so if he continues making mistakes.
If a forward wasn't performing and scoring/setting up goals, he'd be subbed if their was a better option on the bench, and while it's not exactly the same, the same standards should be used. Play the better player. No matter who they are or where they're from, or how old they are.

He's a 23 years old keeper, who should be expected and allowed to make mistakes at a club where he is able to develop, not a club where every move is under the microscope and every mistake criticised, and in a team that isn't aiming to finish in the top 4.
If Hart keeps going the way he is, with the pressure on him, he'll do exactly what every other young hyped up English player has done, he will crash and burn and it'll take a very long time, especially because he's a keeper, to build back his confidence. The media have put him up on a pedestal, and from experience we all know that they'll bring him back down just as quick and the landing wont be pretty.
If England wanted to save themselves heartace and City wanted to save themselves a headache later on, they'd loan him out, and let him continue to grow instead of having him in a goldfish bowl for all the world to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.