Guardian: Silva, City's most important player

Amazing player. I simply could not believe it when we signed him. Every big club in europe had been trying to sign him for years. Behind every David Villa goal was a Silva assist near enough.

I actually thought it would take him longer to settle but despite the weather and the fact he cant speak any English he has settled down to become pretty much the best midfield player in the league in no time at all.

Its no surprise really he is of the very highest quality and like most Spanish players seems perfectly suited to the league. They are just model professionals they dont mind the weather or being kicked they dont go out get pissed and cause loads of grief in the press, just get on with it. Its probably the main reason I am not that worried about Tevez leaving when you see the pass he put through for AJ goal I think I could get 20 goals a season in that team with that sort of service. Someone like Dzeko, Benzema good finishers with a bit of pace would get hatfuls of goals in this city side.

Maybe we would actually score a few headed goals and from set pieces again as well ?

It is a joy to watch him though he just glides around the pitch its something of a shock if he misplaces a pass, West Ham spent 90 minutes chaseing shadows on Saturday. They couldnt get anywhere near him.

NewbBlue said:
Really glad to see Silva getting acknowledged around the country for his skill. Not sure he's more important than Tevez... yet, but it doesn't look far off. Though the rapidity of his rise from looking lost in the Prem to midfield maestro is mind-boggling. He is truly a genius.

He is undoubtedly our best and most important player. A month or two ago, I would be beyond pissed at the news of Tevez leaving. Now, don't get my wrong, I'm still pissed as all hell, but the blow is much more bearable knowing we have players like Silva to lead the team. Silva has been an absolute godsend, and he undoubtedly deserves to be our new captain (him, or Hart).

A top,top player.The biggest surprise for me is his work rate,he never stops moving.
He was winning headers against West Ham!He's everything I hoped Robinho would become.We're so lucky to have him.

DfizzleShizzle said:

He is undoubtedly our best and most important player. A month or two ago, I would be beyond pissed at the news of Tevez leaving. Now, don't get my wrong, I'm still pissed as all hell, but the blow is much more bearable knowing we have players like Silva to lead the team. Silva has been an absolute godsend, and he undoubtedly deserves to be our new captain (him, or Hart).

I don't think you understand the role of the captain. It doesn't go to your favourite player, it goes to someone who can be responsible for the team, be the managers voice on the pitch and lead by example.

I know you're from another country, it's more of a big deal in England, the captaincy and it's not just given out as a token gesture.

Which is part of the reason people are so angry with Tevez; because he is a wildly unsuitable choice for captain- he can't even speak the language -but he was given that responsibility/honour in spite of that

DfizzleShizzle said:

I felt exactly the same, in fact a mate of mine said they were surprised I wasn't going apeshit about Tevez and I said if he had done it a month ago when I was almost infatuated with him, I would have been, but now Silva has replaced him in my affection and I know we have a pretty strong team without him so I wasn't so bothered.

Spiros said:
DfizzleShizzle said:

I don't think you understand the role of the captain. It doesn't go to your favourite player, it goes to someone who can be responsible for the team, be the managers voice on the pitch and lead by example.

I know you're from another country, it's more of a big deal in England, the captaincy and it's not just given out as a token gesture.

I think the captains armband for Tevez was o e of the "assurances" he was given in the summer when he threatened to leave (for the first time). Maybe this is one of the reasons why he is acting like such a brat now, because he isn't getting his own way.

Which is part of the reason people are so angry with Tevez; because he is a wildly unsuitable choice for captain- he can't even speak the language -but he was given that responsibility/honour in spite of that

I was watching the West Ham game with a mate he said he thinks Silva is to light weight, next minute a west ham player went right through him from behind. Silva got up, didn't complain to the ref or do a thousand roll overs, he just got up and started playing football again. The man is class !

Great thing about Silva is that he'll reach his top potential mark. Not because he's getting better every month or the fact he's playing week in week out, but because the lad gets his head down and works hard, when Bobby Manc was slowly bringing him into the team at the beginning of the season he never moaned once and vowed to become a shining star at City and that's exactly what he has done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.