Guardiola rules out any January signings.

Pretty sure he also said that he made the decision just after the ball hit the net against Leicester, as he said that was never going to be bettered by him at City, so the decision was probably made in May.
Yes you are right about that,seems to me people want vinny replaced as in a born leader when that's impossible to do on the hoof,bodies wise we had the numbers to be fine this season,i expect we thought that john would step up and partner eric with nico and the kids as back up,no-one could see john not stepping up and eric out for the season,in the summer it will be sorted out

I know I keep going on about this, and its not totally directed at you, but the idea that we didn't have time to properly go after a centerback last summer, because Vinny only told us he was leaving some three months before the window closed is patently absurd. He was out of contract last summer! Otamendi had communicated to the club that he wanted to leave! We should have been in the market and doing groundwork on multiple targets all spring. This whole explanation replies on us doing no contingency planning whatsoever.
Vinny was expected to stay another year,we would have spent this season planning his sucessor,he decided in may he was leaving,nico once said he wants to play more,if he wanted to go we would have let him,pep has said many times that players have to want to be here,we don't panic buy and we won't in jan either,seems you won't accept how things are run at the club,it's not new

I know I keep going on about this, and its not totally directed at you, but the idea that we didn't have time to properly go after a centerback last summer, because Vinny only told us he was leaving some three months before the window closed is patently absurd. He was out of contract last summer! Otamendi had communicated to the club that he wanted to leave! We should have been in the market and doing groundwork on multiple targets all spring. This whole explanation replies on us doing no contingency planning whatsoever.
Pep had already decided to employ Fernandhino at CB, and had said as much before the end of the season, hence Rodri being brought in as his replacement. Rodri is 4 months into his City career and will be fine, but he's still learning the role (and occasionally getting tuition from the now CB Fernandhino). I'm sure they were looking, and obviously had an interest in Maguire, but the price of that was (and still is) ridiculous for what you get, to the point where him leaving seems to have improved Leicester.

Its quite possible there just wasn't anyone available that we considered good enough last summer, at least for the money we were going to spend.

Vinny was expected to stay another year,we would have spent this season planning his sucessor,he decided in may he was leaving,nico once said he wants to play more,if he wanted to go we would have let him,pep has said many times that players have to want to be here,we don't panic buy and we won't in jan either,seems you won't accept how things are run at the club,it's not new
The point is that there are surprises, and there are surprises. If, last May, Ederson went to Txiki and said, "look, something's happened and I can't be here next year, I need out", then fine, fair play, maybe we don't get someone else in and have to roll with Bravo for this season. But that example is quite a bit different than Vinny deciding not to stay an extra season that he didn't even have a contract for, and would've been his last regardless. Obviously we would've been scouting the position and have a short list of centerbacks, so we we're not talking about starting from scratch. Taking a name off that list, finishing up whatever diligence we do, and trying to sign him in three months isn't a "panic buy", it's just a buy. The rest is just excuse making.

I knew you couldn't resist lol
Resist what, telling the truth, sorry if everyone is meant to be really pleased by our recent performances, and we should all be joyous that we are playing very slow pedestrian football, I shall now greet all our shit defending and performances with a ripple of applause and a jolly good show chaps attitude

Resist what, telling the truth, sorry if everyone is meant to be really pleased by our recent performances, and we should all be joyous that we are playing very slow pedestrian football, I shall now greet all our shit defending and performances with a ripple of applause and a jolly good show chaps attitude
Who is saying we are playing well? you are never happy regardless of how we are doing

The point is that there are surprises, and there are surprises. If, last May, Ederson went to Txiki and said, "look, something's happened and I can't be here next year, I need out", then fine, fair play, maybe we don't get someone else in and have to roll with Bravo for this season. But that example is quite a bit different than Vinny deciding not to stay an extra season that he didn't even have a contract for, and would've been his last regardless. Obviously we would've been scouting the position and have a short list of centerbacks, so we we're not talking about starting from scratch. Taking a name off that list, finishing up whatever diligence we do, and trying to sign him in three months isn't a "panic buy", it's just a buy. The rest is just excuse making.
It doesn't matter it was the end of his contract,the new job only came about at the last minute,do you think that when we let them run down their contracts down that is that? it's not,he was our leader and the best cb we have and we wanted him to stay and i expect before the job came up then he would have,we run the club differently,respect is everything,that is why we let the players who have been instrumental in our success get to run their contracts down,trust in that the won't play for a rival,kun back home,dave back home etc,the only exceptions are young players like sane who we can get a lot of money for,kahdloon and pep have stressed we look into new players to make sure they are humble,well behaved,stable private life etc,personality is everything as well as talent,i don't know why i have to keep explaining how/why the club is run this way,there are no bad apples in our squad,it's been designed that way,we are not going to be hurried into a buy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.