Guidetti

We'll the Scottish league is nearer league 2 level . The Dutch league is like championship !!!

Its not as easy in the scottish league as you all may think. Many strikers have joined in the past 5 years and failed miserably. Guidetti showed alot of promise at Feynoord but loads has changed since then. He looks overweight and not sharp at all. He really needs to work on his fitness and get back to form.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
How is the Scottish league compared to the Dutch?

A piece of piss.

Scotland has 1 half decent side, Celtic, which Guidetti will be playing for. Holland has Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, FC Twente and AZ Alkmaar, all of which are far better than the other Scottish league sides. With Hibs, Hearts and Rangers not in the Scottish Prem you're looking at Motherwell as the 2nd best side most likely, and they're pretty shite.

It's a good loan for him and us. A fit Guidetti must be better than Gary Hooper and he went for £5m+ to Norwich after doing ok at Celtic.

Remember when so many of you thought this lad deserved action with our first team? Laughable... I'm glad to see him go, but wish him the best

Bokonon said:
Remember when so many of you thought this lad deserved action with our first team? Laughable... I'm glad to see him go, but wish him the best

I don't suppose those same people had the power of clairvoyance though.His health issues were an unpredictable misfortune that have probably permanently altered his destiny.

While he was never going to be the next Shearer,he looked decent for a while and gaining employment as a Prem striker level was well within his capabilities I thought,sadly,he now looks a complete shadow of that player.

However,the lad still believes in himself,so i'll not write him off completely and maybe he can prove plenty wrong.

Bokonon said:

Well you've got to remember he's both A: part of our academy and a lot of us want to see academy players given chances and B: He scored a fuck tonne in the Dutch league including a Hattrick against Ajax ffs. If you don't give someone a chance after such a brilliant season who do you?! A lot of big clubs where looking at him including Pellers at Malaga but then the leg virus happened, having spent about two years unable to play football at that age will have sadly seriously curtailed his development.

He'll have a decent career though I hope, and for us to bank a tidy profit on the lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.