Guidetti

Monkchester said:
bluesince76 said:
Monkchester said:
Without these ridiculous FFP rules, money is not an issue for us - so spending money wthin our imposed cap is a no brainer - even if it is on a squad player that gives us more cover - if nasty is going why not look at getting someone like Shawcross in to cover for any long term injuries suspensions etc. at CB or someone on a one year contract to cover for negredo until fully fit again. As long as we play by their rules there is nothing to worry about and if we keep improving our turnover year by year FFP will not affect us in two years time. We no longer have to "rob Peter to pay Paul " like we did a few years ago so let's make the most of it. I am not saying buy for the sake of it but let's spend what we can within these daft rules and then blow them away on the pitch.

So who do we get on a 'one year contract' to replace Negredo, who should be back by October? Are we spending £25m buying them and then just giving them a one year deal, or is there a mysterious free agent out there who'd improve our squad but would be willing to sign just a one year deal?

I was thinking of someone like Eto - I know he has gone to Everton now - or a loan deal for someone who is out of favour at their own club and we could pay a fee and wages for a year. Negredo may be fit in October but he will need a "pre season" before being fully match fit and firing on all cylinders. My point is simply that if money is no object why let UEFA have more impact than necessary with their stupid FFP rules. Would it not be better to have a bit of extra cover than have no opportunity to rotate and rest key players - when there is 25 mill sat in the biggest piggy bank in the world and it will be filled up again soon with a lot more.

Why is money no object? There may be a legal challenge, it may be successful, it may get challenged or UEFA will amend the rules to be seen to be legal again. So why spend over our agreed limit in the hope that it won't matter by the time the accounting period comes around?

If we decided to ignore FFP, what sort of press so you think we'd get, both here and worldwide? Why would the club want to be seen to be flouting the regulations? What have we done so far which makes you think image isn't extremely important?

Currently, we haven't got £25m to spend, it's more like £12m. So who is the out of favour player who'd be happy to sit on our bench and who we think would be good enough to play for us to rest Aguero etc? Another Scott Sinclair?

bluesince76 said:
Monkchester said:
bluesince76 said:
So who do we get on a 'one year contract' to replace Negredo, who should be back by October? Are we spending £25m buying them and then just giving them a one year deal, or is there a mysterious free agent out there who'd improve our squad but would be willing to sign just a one year deal?

I was thinking of someone like Eto - I know he has gone to Everton now - or a loan deal for someone who is out of favour at their own club and we could pay a fee and wages for a year. Negredo may be fit in October but he will need a "pre season" before being fully match fit and firing on all cylinders. My point is simply that if money is no object why let UEFA have more impact than necessary with their stupid FFP rules. Would it not be better to have a bit of extra cover than have no opportunity to rotate and rest key players - when there is 25 mill sat in the biggest piggy bank in the world and it will be filled up again soon with a lot more.

Why is money no object? There may be a legal challenge, it may be successful, it may get challenged or UEFA will amend the rules to be seen to be legal again. So why spend over our agreed limit in the hope that it won't matter by the time the accounting period comes around?

If we decided to ignore FFP, what sort of press so you think we'd get, both here and worldwide? Why would the club want to be seen to be flouting the regulations? What have we done so far which makes you think image isn't extremely important?

Currently, we haven't got £25m to spend, it's more like £12m. So who is the out of favour player who'd be happy to sit on our bench and who we think would be good enough to play for us to rest Aguero etc? Another Scott Sinclair?

IN ... MANGALA 32m, FERNANDO 12m, ZUCCILINI 1.3m, WILLY 4.4m
OUT RODWELL 10.3m, Garcia 12m, Barry 2.5m, Zuccilini 400,000 loan fee
Leaves around 24.5m to spend ( if we wanted to )

Daz_Blue said:
bluesince76 said:
Monkchester said:

IN ... MANGALA 32m, FERNANDO 12m, ZUCCILINI 1.3m, WILLY 4.4m
OUT RODWELL 10.3m, Garcia 12m, Barry 2.5m, Zuccilini 400,000 loan fee
Leaves around 24.5m to spend ( if we wanted to )
Forgot about Garcia...

Nothing else changes though, just that means £25m on a player we don't need

Daz_Blue said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 9m
Daily Star: City striker John Guidetti (22) is in talks over a £2.5m move to Serie A side Fiorentina.

How much did we pay Twente to get him back? Do we make a profit or break even?

sleeper said:
Daz_Blue said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 9m
Daily Star: City striker John Guidetti (22) is in talks over a £2.5m move to Serie A side Fiorentina.

How much did we pay Twente to get him back? Do we make a profit or break even?

According to The Daily Mail it was "as much as £1m" but I imagine that's just pure speculation:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2016220/Charles-Sale-Manchester-City-buy-John-Guidetti--striker-gave-away.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... -away.html</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/28678010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/28678010</a>

Intresting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.