Guitar players, help please!

-dabz- said:
Gelsons Dad said:
-dabz- said:
It's a bad habit to get into using the thumb to fret. It can limit your technique depending on what you hope to play.

Agree but it never did Clapton any harm. I learned to play watching VHS tapes of him in the days before youtube and the internet when you could only get tab from magazines!
Or bob Marley.... .

Or Hendrix

Brisblu said:
If your fingertips start to hurt a bit after too much practice I got a tip of a lad who plays in a band and what he would do after the first couple gigs is put a slight dab of superglue on the hard bit of his fingers... helped him through.... just saying like...

This isn't a good idea, although you can get a product called liquid skin which is the same principal but won't give you blood poisoning.

Check out Justinguitar.com a great free site, lessons from beginner to advanced. With regards to fretting with the thumb, if you are going to be playing blues, then there is no problem, all the great blues players did it. From Mississippi John Hurt an Rev. Gary Davies to hendrix and Clapton. Always practice your chord change slowly so that you get it right the n gradually up the tempo. Good luck.

banjo said:
Brisblu said:
If your fingertips start to hurt a bit after too much practice I got a tip of a lad who plays in a band and what he would do after the first couple gigs is put a slight dab of superglue on the hard bit of his fingers... helped him through.... just saying like...

This isn't a good idea, although you can get a product called liquid skin which is the same principal but won't give you blood poisoning.

You could always chop the ends off your fingers like Tony Iommi...

Lavinda Past said:
banjo said:
Brisblu said:

You could always chop the ends off your fingers like Tony Iommi...

or with some creative use of a capo you may never need to use the chord shape ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.