Guitar Thread

Onholiday(somemightsay)

Looking for people's views on guitars (as I am a little hooked on bidding for them on eBay at present).

Bought a Fender Telecaster (Mexican) and a Takamine 12 stringer about 3-4 months ago to supplement my Epiphone Dot and Yamaha FG720S accoustic. Currently looking at an Epiphone Hummingbird at between £150-£200 (never actually held one which makes me a bit nervous but I can see that they have been well looked after).

Anyone got one / played one, is it worth it and what's the action like?

Possibly creating a bit of a hybrid thread but maybe people could list their favourites of the below categories and their reasons why)?

Accoustic
Electric (solid body)
Electric (semi- accoustic)

Provide a 'budget' preference and a no expense spared answer.

@Moderating Team , needless to say if there is already a thread similar to this or indeed you think it to be complete bollocks then please combine / delete as appropriate..........

Looking for people's views on guitars (as I am a little hooked on bidding for them on eBay at present).

Bought a Fender Telecaster (Mexican) and a Takamine 12 stringer about 3-4 months ago to supplement my Epiphone Dot and Yamaha FG720S accoustic. Currently looking at an Epiphone Hummingbird at between £150-£200 (never actually held one which makes me a bit nervous but I can see that they have been well looked after).

Anyone got one / played one, is it worth it and what's the action like?

Possibly creating a bit of a hybrid thread but maybe people could list their favourites of the below categories and their reasons why)?

Accoustic
Electric (solid body)
Electric (semi- accoustic)

Provide a 'budget' preference and a no expense spared answer.

@Moderating Team , needless to say if there is already a thread similar to this or indeed you think it to be complete bollocks then please combine / delete as appropriate..........

Stop trying to be in Oasis, loads of amazing guitars for way better money pal. I always thought the humming bird was a bit lame considering you can get the SJ2000 for similar money, miles better guitar ads well. As for the action, you are prob better off getting it set up to your style, although id suggest getting someone who knows what they are doing before you mess with the bridge and truss rod set up. you could really mess it up

Last edited:
Stop trying to be in Oasis, loads of amazing guitars for way better money pal. I always thought the humming bird was a bit lame considering you can get the SJ2000 for similar money, miles better guitar ads well. As for the action, you are prob better off getting it set up to your style, although id suggest getting someone who knows what they are doing before you mess with the bridge and truss rod set up. you could really mess it up
Whilst I would be a great fit in Oasis (and probably a decent foil between the 2 Gallagher's), that wasn't really my goal and isn't reflective of what I am playing up at present. ;-)

You got any other suggestions, I really like my Yamaha and it plays really nicely. My main reason for wanting another accoustic is that I can have one in 'E' and use the other for a 'Double drop D' or quirkier tunings for playing Stephen Stills/ Neil Young / Keith Richards or the like (I'm aware that is a proper first world problem)?

I'm terrible at DIY or anything handy so I wouldn't dream of attempting to 'improve' a guitars set up, I would definitely be outsourcing to a more skilled hand.

Cheers for the response.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.