Gundogan contract situation

Should we offer him an extension beyond 2023?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a lot of stick for basically being played as a DM when he’s not one at times. I feel like he’s been underused this season and presumably there’s a reason for that. But we saw how good he is when he came on in Madrid the other week. Basically changed the game when he came on and set up the goal that should have won us the game.
When Pep released Gundogan from a more defensive role at Chelsea last season it changed everything. He's not a DM never has been never will be. But he's done the jobs he's been asked to do. Probably missed more football this season because he's passed his peak. That's not a criticism just a fact. Knowing when to move good players on is the art of keeping continuity of success. The last two managers who were good at that were Paisley and Ferguson. And Ferguson started to slide when he failed to do it. Pep is still at his managerial peak and he knows he needs to freshen things up to keep moving forward.

When Pep released Gundogan from a more defensive role at Chelsea last season it changed everything. He's not a DM never has been never will be. But he's done the jobs he's been asked to do. Probably missed more football this season because he's passed his peak. That's not a criticism just a fact. Knowing when to move good players on is the art of keeping continuity of success. The last two managers who were good at that were Paisley and Ferguson. And Ferguson started to slide when he failed to do it. Pep is still at his managerial peak and he knows he needs to freshen things up to keep moving forward.
I think this is bang on. Given the relationship that Pep has with Gundo, it would be no surprise to me if Gundo has told him that he cannot do it at the same level with the intensity that our league and our success demands.

i think he'll sign a cheeky one year extension while he looks for a assistant manager role (or we convince him to coach at City)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.