Gundogan new 4 year contract

Your post was not well thought out, tbh. He is twenty fucking seven, the prime years, and new contract is never about the length at that age. The length issues in negotiating new contract come when you're north of 30s. It's then year or two or three problem as player asks for more to secure themselves in their late years and clubs are reluctant as they fear performances might drop when you are 32-33. Never ever heard the issue about the length of contract with 27 years old player. Actually, I'm fairly sure it's Gundogan who would not sign too lengthy contract at this age as he'd like to rethink his options when he is 31. It's still age when he can get very solid contract somewhere, paired with a signing fee and 32 would reduce that option.

I tried to do it lightly in first reply, but tbh, your post was utter nonsense :)

Absolute fucking bollocks.

Never been my fav player & think he’s underwhelmed so far, but stepped up to the mark last few months of last season, pep loves him so who am i to question a genius

Yeah, probably a bit hyperbolic on reflection. But I do genuinely believe that the inconsistency of his form is a major barrier for him being the superstar he could have become.

Isn't this a chicken/egg situation? He can't get a run of games because he's not quite consistently brilliant and he can't become consistently brilliant because he doesn't get a string of games.

I think when he gets a long run, like last season when he played 90 minutes in 13 of the 14 wins in a row, he was one of our best players.

Brilliant news , a top German international midfielder , who would cost over £50m to replace has just signed on the dotted line , great bit of business by the club , and will be a big part of the 60 odd games we will probably have to play this season. Just need to get the other German to follow suit , ..............................................................................................................................................Nmecha has got a great future :)

@IlkayGuendogan on being the most influential player in Europe statistically, towards the end of last season: “I’ve read this as well. I’ve had it sent over from a few people. I’ve never really been a huge fan of statistics, and I’m still not...”

“It’s more what I’ve mentioned, the feeling that you’re able to get the best out of yourself and to deliver. I think that is what I did, in the last months of the season. Having that amazing run at the end, winning 14 games in a row was incredible...”

“Being able to win the league again by one point shows how hard it was, and how necessary it was to win all those games. I don’t need statistics to prove it to myself. I had that feeling in the moment, straight after, and still right now.“ [via @ManCity]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.