Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
When fit, he'll be the best CM in the premier league (until Pogba arrives) and just what we need. Our trident attacking options of Aguero, KDB, and Sterling are lethal but our CMs couldn't get the ball to them.

Not a ferna type, he's like a young Xabi Alonso but much quicker and more athletic. I suspect he will play the deepest for us with ferna and kdb or silva in a midfield 3 much like Bayern would protect Alonso with Vidal and add another creative player.
There are some pretty nice you tube compilations of him showcasing his dribbling and incredible range of passing. I'm excited to see how he responds to the intense pressing we will see next year from Liverpool and Spurs. Could be the key to breaking the press down and getting our team more time and space on the ball.

My biggest concern is that no one else on our squad can play that position like him and an injury would be really difficult to adapt to.
Byrne?

Do you see Gundogan as being our deepest midfielder under Pep?

I can't see Gundogan being our deepest midfielder - I think he's too good to restrict to a Busquets style role in the side, though in deep playmaking terms he has all the attributes. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the role we're used to Fernandinho playing. Instantly he transforms our side, he's an excellent player. Fernandinho, Gundogan and Fernando would be an excellent midfield three.

There's still a question mark in my mind as to what Fernandinho's role will be in the side though as he's quick, excellent at making interceptions and fluid on the ball, but he isn't going to boss a game the way Gundogan can - so I'm coming round to the idea many have mooted about him being tried out in a wider position. On the other hand, he's shown that when the team all press (as we did in Sevilla) he can be very effective in attacking situations as well.

Been a big fan of Gundogan for a number of years, a great first signing despite the fact it might not be until later in the year we see him reach the level we expect. It's nice to sign such a good player for such a low fee for once as well!

Dinho will be our deepest midfielder and we'll sign someone to partner Gundogan in the other CM spot. I'm going for Thiago.

Thiago, Gundogan, Dinho would be an excellent balanced midfield. Not convinced Pep will go back for Thiago though. I suspect we won't go after any Bayern players this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.