Gutted but Maybe this was why

Clubber

Under your bed, playing Monopoly with the Bogeyman
Gutted Mancini has gone, but we get up and go again. We have the brightest futures of any club on the planet.

I think one of the main reason for Mancini to go was his "want" of more power, similar to Fergie. It looks like we are trying to replicate the Barca model (board members would reinforce that) and if you see that, the manager is no where near as involved in club business as Mancini appeared to want to be. When Barca changed manager,thats all that was changed , yet we'll have to change large amount of backroom staff, which we had to do with Hughes and now probably with Mancini. It seems these coaches are picked independent of the manager and when he leaves, there is still some sort of continuity and less upheaval.

Another area may possibly have been his poor European form, which is very harsh looking at the 2 groups we were in, but as we all know, CL is currently the holey grail and is where all the money and advertising is.

Finally I think Mancini was possibility never seen as the long term plan. Denis tuart said we used keegan to get us back into the prem and he was never a long term manager, but they knew he had the right mentality to get us up and keep us up and from there we can build. Possibly this was the same with Mancini, as they knew he would win us our first haul of trophies, but did the board really believe he could move us on year on year. Cambiasso said at inter (paraphrasing)"Mancini showed us how to win, but Mourinho showed us how to keep winning". Wouldn't like Mourinho, but the comment suggests we do need someone to kick on.

As I say, gutted Mancini has gone and can only thank him for what he's done, but football is what it is and we go again next year, same as we do every year.

Because we won the league, he was flavour of the month but once he got his 5 year deal he changed into the big boss man.

He should have sat down with Marwood and the two Spanish blokes and worked to the benefit of the club.

A good number of points made in that post, there has obviously something going on since pre season.

Mancini speaking with Monaco would not have been seen in a good light and the issues with signings has meant Mancini has been pointing fingers on many occasions.

Has he "lost" the players or some of them? Well one could certainly argue things have not been quite right for a while, and his style has been to criticise individuals openly which is not well received by top pros.

As has been said, there are a number of reasons for his sacking, the decision has been made and onward we go as a club onto bigger and better things.

Thanks Roberto for taking us to the next step

Clubber said:
Gutted Mancini has gone, but we get up and go again. We have the brightest futures of any club on the planet.

I think one of the main reason for Mancini to go was his "want" of more power, similar to Fergie. It looks like we are trying to replicate the Barca model (board members would reinforce that) and if you see that, the manager is no where near as involved in club business as Mancini appeared to want to be. When Barca changed manager,thats all that was changed , yet we'll have to change large amount of backroom staff, which we had to do with Hughes and now probably with Mancini. It seems these coaches are picked independent of the manager and when he leaves, there is still some sort of continuity and less upheaval.

Another area may possibly have been his poor European form, which is very harsh looking at the 2 groups we were in, but as we all know, CL is currently the holey grail and is where all the money and advertising is.

Finally I think Mancini was possibility never seen as the long term plan. Denis tuart said we used keegan to get us back into the prem and he was never a long term manager, but they knew he had the right mentality to get us up and keep us up and from there we can build. Possibly this was the same with Mancini, as they knew he would win us our first haul of trophies, but did the board really believe he could move us on year on year. Cambiasso said at inter (paraphrasing)"Mancini showed us how to win, but Mourinho showed us how to keep winning". Wouldn't like Mourinho, but the comment suggests we do need someone to kick on.

As I say, gutted Mancini has gone and can only thank him for what he's done, but football is what it is and we go again next year, same as we do every year.

I'm actually not sure that is true, if we sack the manager everytime he doesn't "meet expectations" then we'll never have any stability and the press will have a field day as they have with this scenario everytime we lose a couple of games

charliebigspuds said:
Clubber said:

I'm actually not sure that is true, if we sack the manager everytime he doesn't "meet expectations" then we'll never have any stability and the press will have a field day as they have with this scenario everytime we lose a couple of games

"Expectations" could come in many forms.
A certain quota of youth players in an around the first team for example. Youth team performance? If they want to install the Barca model of the Barca family, Mancini was a million miles from achieving that due to his tunnel vision.

Bigga said:
There is a flaw in your assessment of Roberto Mancini's hire; why let him sign an extension, rather than just see out the former contract he was on...??

This is the bit that blows a few holes in well-thought out treatises on why Roberto has been sacked. They've known for years how he approached the task and if it is basically the players getting pissed off with his public criticism that has been building up to the lack-lustre performance on Saturday he has dug a hole for himself. And the minute he started criticising the folk on the 'next level up' he was a gonner! But the people who should come in for the most criticism in this debacle are the ones who will be sitting around a room at The Etihad, smiling and joking, and employing the next guy!

I think that the most important part of the statement is the need for an "hollistic" approach. I will always love Mancini, like most fans, but I think it would be fair to say that he has an autocratic management style, which doesn't fit in with the model that we are trying to introduce.

From the top of the club to the bottom, a shared philosophy is essential. All levels within the club will be expected to play the same style with a regular flow of players from the EDS into the first team. Mancini's criticism of the club's purchasing in the summer, emphasising a lack of trust in the EDS players, cannot be considered to be part of this philosophy.

Whether this philosophy is likely to bring the kind of instant success demanded now of our club is a moot point. The media certainly is an issue that we need to get a handle on but, given the scale of the investment in East Manchester by the club, the philosophy certainly makes more sense than the traditional buy, buy, buy approach of clubs attempting to break through into the big four.

Either way, I'm a City fan and whoever comes in will be supported in the way that Mancini was. These remain some of the most exciting times ever at our club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.