Guvnor General.

Royaloak said:
I just hope that someone with an IQ that's higher than that of a goldfish has ghost written it. I read a paragraph of 'Sully's' book and I had to put it down because it was excruciatingly embarrassing. I have no problem with a chequered past or slapping Utd fans, but from what I have read of these things, they are largely glorification and amplification of minor misdemeanours.

I think that Sully's book WAS ghost-written!

Soulboy said:
Royaloak said:
I just hope that someone with an IQ that's higher than that of a goldfish has ghost written it. I read a paragraph of 'Sully's' book and I had to put it down because it was excruciatingly embarrassing. I have no problem with a chequered past or slapping Utd fans, but from what I have read of these things, they are largely glorification and amplification of minor misdemeanours.

I think that Sully's book WAS ghost-written!

In that case, the 'ghost' must have been a 14 year old idiot.

read one you have read them all.normally based on the template of - scousers/ mancs started casual movement, beating up utd fans in hulme, chasing scousers round the arndale and remembering what underwear you wore in 1983!!

Soulboy said:
lancs blue said:
50k amphetamine tabs apparently, or 4 a day for 35 years at a rough calculation!

Isn't it Dexedrines? Or are they the same as amphetamines?

You kids will know better then me!

Defies midnight runners (the pills) were about during the 60's I'm told. The group named themselves after them

Am I the only one who thinks its a little sad if the highlight of your life has been to show up at a game of footie to excange slaps with other losers?

shackattack said:
read one you have read them all.normally based on the template of - scousers/ mancs started casual movement, beating up utd fans in hulme, chasing scousers round the arndale and remembering what underwear you wore in 1983!!

The only way anyone could recall what underwear they wore in 1983 is if they haven't changed them since. ;-)

bainy said:
sir malcom said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guvnor-General-Survived-Childhood-Football/dp/1905769237

A gorton lads exploits .of lifes ups and downs,with his beloved Manchester CITY and life in general.

Well done for having a book published. Not read it but will do. I know anybook that talks about football violence from the past gets its fair share of critics...but it was part of a big youth culture and a way of life for many. Good luck with it i say!!

Well said.

Bugs Bunny said:
Am I the only one who thinks that all these type of books have a quite strong undertow of homosexuality about them? All that alpha male stuff & male bonding going on.
It sounds like you may be looking for that due to repressing your true feelings.

Just go on youtube and put in 'Russian gang fight'...none of that bouncing about and running in flailing for a couple of seconds that we grew up with.

blueju said:
Just go on youtube and put in 'Russian gang fight'...none of that bouncing about and running in flailing for a couple of seconds that we grew up with.

watched loads of their videos.

no crowd surging like their at the front of a gig.

30 v 30, no messing about, not one runs off, and does a butterfly flap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.