Gym Heads (protein shakes)

danny21manc

Im currently paying £100 a month for 3 tubs of Maximuscle extreme protein sheake...the one below. Excellent stuff and you get what you pay for i suppose....however its killing me paying that a month....So my point is...Any one reccomend any cheaper brand with almost the same effect.

3 servings a day...

Per 90g (daily serving - 3 scoops)
Energy 357Kcal/1493 kJ
Protein (on dry matter) 72g*
Carbohydrates 4.95g
Fats 4.05g
*Equivalent of 76g measured on dry matter
Please note: virtually lactose free

t9fatj.jpg

Cheers!!

Yea fuck maxi-ripoff off. When I'm training I get my stuff from myprotein. They do a product called Hurricane which is the same as Cyclone by Maximuscle (it has protein, creatine and hmb in) but it's a lot cheaper. I've also got whey and casein protein from there for shakes at morning and night, it's good stuff and a respected brand.

I don't use supplements myself but my brother does. He buys 'whey protein' from Holland and Barrett and he really likes that. I'm not too sure on the price though mate lol. Creatine is good if you use the same muscles every day but my dad doesn't like it cos it apparently can harm you.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Yea fuck maxi-ripoff off. When I'm training I get my stuff from myprotein. They do a product called Hurricane which is the same as Cyclone by Maximuscle (it has protein, creatine and hmb in) but it's a lot cheaper. I've also got whey and casein protein from there for shakes at morning and night, it's good stuff and a respected brand.

not into all the creatine though mate it fucks your insides up ive heard....if only roids did no harm...

Citycitytid said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

not into all the creatine though mate it fucks your insides up ive heard....if only roids did no harm...

Exactly lol.

BlueMoon93 said:
Citycitytid said:

Exactly lol.
Generally speaking creatine is very safe. By that, i mean there is no research to suggest it causes any bodily harm.

MyProtein is probably the best place. Having said that it's fairly easy to get all of your protein requirements from a properly balanced diet. By that, i mean you don't have to go anywhere near the 250g+ a day protein intakes that Flex and Muscle and Fitness will advise you to do.

ono said:
BlueMoon93 said:
Exactly lol.
Generally speaking creatine is very safe. By that, i mean there is no research to suggest it causes any bodily harm.

MyProtein is probably the best place. Having said that it's fairly easy to get all of your protein requirements from a properly balanced diet. By that, i mean you don't have to go anywhere near the 250g+ a day protein intakes that Flex and Muscle and Fitness will advise you to do.

But don't supplements have stuff in them that repairs fibres and amino acids more than just pure protein from meats etc?

Myprotein are ok but I use this, it`s unflavoured and just tastes like watered down milk tbh and is cheap as chips mate <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sports-nutrition.net/store.php?id=11&sub=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sports-nutrition.net/store.php?id=11&sub=2</a>.

What are your goals mate ?

DirtyHarry said:
Myprotein are ok but I use this, it`s unflavoured and just tastes like watered down milk tbh and is cheap as chips mate <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sports-nutrition.net/store.php?id=11&sub=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sports-nutrition.net/store.php?id=11&sub=2</a>.

What are your goals mate ?

cheers...

just to get lean and toned up mate.....so i can direct the ladies to the beach using my guns!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.