Gym Reccomendations?

Went to Pure Gym after work last night (5pm) and could not get on any machine.
Sweat Box

BlueGB said:
Went to Pure Gym after work last night (5pm) and could not get on any machine.
Sweat Box

You should join a premium gym, or as some posters have mentioned, purchase weights for your house if you have the space.

I get grief for the amount I pay at the gym but I usually don't have to wait to use any of the equipment and it really isn't a chore going.

Total Fitness - £45 per month. I go to the one in Handforth on the A34 but they are all over. Big 25m pool, loads of equipment, free personal trainer consulations, some free fitness classes, great cafe, free wi-fi, etc.
Plus you can use any of the TF gyms on the one membership card.

Blue and Proud said:
Total Fitness - £45 per month. I go to the one in Handforth on the A34 but they are all over. Big 25m pool, loads of equipment, free personal trainer consulations, some free fitness classes, great cafe, free wi-fi, etc.
Plus you can use any of the TF gyms on the one membership card.

I can't speak highly enough of TF. It is the best gym I have ever been a member of and the only reason I'm no longer a member is because I no longer live in South Manchester.

For £45 a month you have a huge gym, indoor running track (great for warm ups), massive free weight area. I honestly never had to wait to use equipment. The classes were pretty good as well!

Kingfisher Gym in Reddish/Heaton Chapel (Houldsworth Mill), it's about £35 a month, decent equipment, and has a pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room.

Good gym, clean and good set up. But more importantly, it's full of a wide range of decent people. Everyone gets on with each other, and there's no sted heads.

Tried David Lloyd for a few months on a freebie and I hated it. Been going this gym for 11 years, not that you can tell though as I tend to just lounge about in the pool area chatting about football.

scall said:
Kingfisher Gym in Reddish/Heaton Chapel (Houldsworth Mill), it's about £35 a month, decent equipment, and has a pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room.

Good gym, clean and good set up. But more importantly, it's full of a wide range of decent people. Everyone gets on with each other, and there's no sted heads.

Tried David Lloyd for a few months on a freebie and I hated it. Been going this gym for 11 years, not that you can tell though as I tend to just lounge about in the pool area chatting about football.

I am currently at DL and I can't stand the sted heads in there. The facilities are amazing but there are some absolute weapons. Probably isn't helped by the fact the DL I'm at is in North London. The etiquette there is terrible, users just leave weights everywhere and yap on about what steds they take.

My pet hate is when you are on a bench or machine and somebody askes "have you got many sets left". To me it demonstrates complete stupidity in that there's probably 150-200 pieces of alternative equipment in the gym they could use.

Depending on where you live, Klick fitness in Whitefield is very cheap and has a package with no contract. I pay around £20 per month with no tie-ins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.