Gym tips

I joined the gym after Xmas. Been about 5 or 6 times and so far I’ve done running, cycling and rowing plus did a bit of leg press. My aim is to get my BP and weight (beer belly) down. I know I need to sort the diet too but wondering if I should start doing weights now or can I wait until I feel fitter and get a better stamina?

Rowing is one of the best exercises for weight loss and reducing stomach fat. I know that no exercise can specifically target belly fat but rowing is one of the most effective ways due to the intensity.

If your goal is to reduce BP and beer belly then keep doing what you are doing with running, cycling and rowing. You will notice the gains soon (looser clothes, smaller belly etc).

Consider weights in a few months once you've reached your current goal. No point in getting side tracked and losing focus.

Rowing is one of the best exercises for weight loss and reducing stomach fat. I know that no exercise can specifically target belly fat but rowing is one of the most effective ways due to the intensity.

If your goal is to reduce BP and beer belly then keep doing what you are doing with running, cycling and rowing. You will notice the gains soon (looser clothes, smaller belly etc).

Consider weights in a few months once you've reached your current goal. No point in getting side tracked and losing focus.
That's why I recommended circuits
It's a bit of everything so a full body workout

I seem to have lost a couple of kilos in the past couple of weeks. My BMI is 27 so I need to lose another 7 or 8 to get out of the overweight section

I joined the gym after Xmas. Been about 5 or 6 times and so far I’ve done running, cycling and rowing plus did a bit of leg press. My aim is to get my BP and weight (beer belly) down. I know I need to sort the diet too but wondering if I should start doing weights now or can I wait until I feel fitter and get a better stamina?

I started my weight loss journey about 2 years ago. I appreciate everyone is different, but it was swimming that worked for me in terms of initial rapid weight loss.
It burns calories & is low impact if you're not used to putting too much pressure on your joints.
I later added running to the mix once I'd lost enough weight not to damage my knees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.