Gym tips

Diet first.......then concentrate on compound lifting within the 12 - 8 rep range,with the occasional super/drop set at the end of a session.

Look to a PPL (push/pull/legs) routine

Thank me later.
Good advise on diet and PPL but may I ask why you suggest 12-8 reps (how many sets) and not 6 reps (4 sets)?

Good advise on diet and PPL but may I ask why you suggest 12-8 reps (how many sets) and not 6 reps (4 sets)?

From much experience.....I just find for the average Joe that range works best over 3 or 4 sets.

12 being a warm up and 8 being the working.

No one size though.....so set your goal,apply good form,and find which method initially best works for you.After a period it will require the occasional tweak/alteration/shock regardless.

It would depend on your goals.
8-12 reps is best for hypertrophy.
6 reps would lean more towards strength training.

I never really enjoyed the lower rep range for a sustained period as i felt less athletic and my physique was less pleasing,but again....there are many factors to consider,as you state....the goal required,the exercise itself and the individual involved.

Keep it simple but experiment would be my advice.....did i also mention diet?? ;-)

Just to add a little to FI and 117, age is a ‘massive’ factor too, you can get away with heavy, low rep stuff for quite a long time in your younger days, however, there comes a point where joint health has to be a huge consideration as well as what you’re able to recover from (both physically and a CNS and PNS perspective).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.