HA HA HA

Prestwich_Blue said:
At least their fans are staying loyal. Here's another Facebook status.
Adebowale Whiskidy Odusami Rite Frm Dis Moment I Denounce Myself as a Manchester United Fans Till Further Notice...CHELSEA 4 LIFE

Dunno what took him so long. Fergie was advocating this years ago.

The fans accused Fergie of "selling out" over Glazer's £790million takeover and demanded to know why the United boss had not been more vocal in opposing the buy-out.

According to the United fans website redissue.co.uk, a supporter confronted chief executive David Gill then turned his attention to Ferguson.

The fan said: "You've f***** us over too, you could've spoken out about it."

Sir Alex replied: "I've got close friends who've been working with me here for 15 years. They come first in all of this."

Fan: "So don't the fans come first?"

Fergie: "Well I suppose they do come somewhere."

Fan: "You what? That's well out of order."

Sir Alex: "If you don't like it, go and watch Chelsea."

Fan: "The fans have been screwed right over. It costs me over £20 a game as it is."

Sir Alex: "It costs more than that at Chelsea - go and watch them."

Proof that the scum haven't played anyone was in today's Times Fink Tank article.
I reproduce it verbatim

How worried should you be if you are a Manchester United fan? Manchester City are above you in the table. But is that real, or just one of those early-season things?

The case for keeping calm is a good one. Look at the Fink Tank ratings, a measure of enduring class, and you will see United far ahead. Look at the long-term season probabilities and again United are ahead. But in those statistics are some worrying pieces of data.

First, even this early in the season, United have only a 10 per cent chance of winning the title. Second, look at the graph of strength over time and it is obvious — particularly when looking at defensive strength — that City are closing the gap.

And finally, consider the Fink Tank’s basic logic — money and points are related. When City were taken over, the Fink Tank argued that it would take time for them to reach the top and that was right. On the other hand, their money is bound to tell in the end.

Then there is the league table. Forget the future, what about now? Dr Henry Stott, Dr Ian Graham and Chen Jin have been turning the newspaper upside down, and looking through from the opposite page to view the league positions from a different angle. One way of seeing how clubs are doing is to see whether they are performing better than we expected at this stage. Blackpool, for instance, have scored 4.9 points more than we thought they would, while Liverpool have 6.4 fewer points.

United are 1.6 points behind their expected tally, City 3.7 points above it. That puts City second in the overperforming/underperforming table and United twelfth. But an even better method is suggested in a paper by James Keener employing the Perron-Frobenius theorem (don’t ask).

This involves taking each team’s wins, then adding all of the points of the teams they beat, then all the points of the teams beaten by the team they beat, and so on. Eventually the result becomes stable and you can stop. Now you do the same with defeats, subtracting not only defeats but all the points lost by the team they lost to, and so on.

This produces a league table adjusted for the difficulties of the matches you faced. It gives a team more credit for beating the more difficult teams and means that the table is not distorted by the quality of the opposition.

And the bad news for the United fans? City are well ahead of them. The schedule has flattered United. City’s defeat of Chelsea has propelled them up the table.

How worried should you be? I’d say, really quite reasonably worried, on balance, taking one thing with another. I think.

denislawsbackheel said:
Proof that the scum haven't played anyone was in today's Times Fink Tank article.
I reproduce it verbatim

How worried should you be if you are a Manchester United fan? Manchester City are above you in the table. But is that real, or just one of those early-season things?

The case for keeping calm is a good one. Look at the Fink Tank ratings, a measure of enduring class, and you will see United far ahead. Look at the long-term season probabilities and again United are ahead. But in those statistics are some worrying pieces of data.

First, even this early in the season, United have only a 10 per cent chance of winning the title. Second, look at the graph of strength over time and it is obvious — particularly when looking at defensive strength — that City are closing the gap.

And finally, consider the Fink Tank’s basic logic — money and points are related. When City were taken over, the Fink Tank argued that it would take time for them to reach the top and that was right. On the other hand, their money is bound to tell in the end.

Then there is the league table. Forget the future, what about now? Dr Henry Stott, Dr Ian Graham and Chen Jin have been turning the newspaper upside down, and looking through from the opposite page to view the league positions from a different angle. One way of seeing how clubs are doing is to see whether they are performing better than we expected at this stage. Blackpool, for instance, have scored 4.9 points more than we thought they would, while Liverpool have 6.4 fewer points.

United are 1.6 points behind their expected tally, City 3.7 points above it. That puts City second in the overperforming/underperforming table and United twelfth. But an even better method is suggested in a paper by James Keener employing the Perron-Frobenius theorem (don’t ask).

This involves taking each team’s wins, then adding all of the points of the teams they beat, then all the points of the teams beaten by the team they beat, and so on. Eventually the result becomes stable and you can stop. Now you do the same with defeats, subtracting not only defeats but all the points lost by the team they lost to, and so on.

This produces a league table adjusted for the difficulties of the matches you faced. It gives a team more credit for beating the more difficult teams and means that the table is not distorted by the quality of the opposition.

And the bad news for the United fans? City are well ahead of them. The schedule has flattered United. City’s defeat of Chelsea has propelled them up the table.

How worried should you be? I’d say, really quite reasonably worried, on balance, taking one thing with another. I think.

Enjoyed that - sums up what we all knew scientifically

mike channon´s windmill said:
Quote:
hope the green and yellow grows faster now and bigger,hopefully theres all chanting outside old trafford from green and gold guys,bring it on to every member of united ground,liverpool are free from debt,why carnt we be

Obviously a cockney

edited for accuracy

They have been on the wane for a while. If you don't replace key players with something at least approaching a similar class then holes start to appear.

Cue all the rag fans losing interest, it has already started with some of those I know.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.