Haaland Goal v Sparta - Fluke or Genius?

He means it and you can tell by the expression in his face to get as much power into hitting the back heel into the ground that he saw the picture in that split second.

It was an outrageous moment of improvisation, athleticism and raw power.

100% ment it but could of gone anywhere I'm surprised the ref didn't give a foul for a high boot, the lads a goal scoring machine so I'm not surprised he did it.

I like Bernie’s hand on head reaction as much as the goal itself. Few things truly exceptional in football but that moment was.

Well, did he mean it or was it just flukey. I'd like to think he meant what he was doing and Hoddle reckons he did as well.

Don't know how to add voting buttons, as that would probably help - bit like the Stones Goal thread.
Dangerous play. He could have had someone’s head off with his foot that high.
Should have got a yellow for it.

It can be both. It's a fluke in a way that that is not a goal that can be practiced, studied and turned into technique and any such improvisation has an element of luck. His second goal is technique and practice. However he intended to score the goal. It's definitely a shot so genius. And he's scored similarish goals in the past.

Ibrahimovic is probably the only other player I can think of that would even try this and have it is a part of their attacking arsenal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.