Half time team talk (Leicester)

Dax,had he set us up correctly in the first place,as most fans identified......those 'changes' you describe wouldnt have been needed anyway,its that simple.From the initial team sheet till the final whistle,he was outwitted by a so called journey man manager deemed not good enough to coach us,if it wasnt for the deja vu.......i would have been content to put it down to a bad day at the office and a lack of first choice personnel,however........

I disagree with your assessment of the first half, but even if it were true, I think you and some of the other fans are reading to much into a comment.

Telling your wards to stick with the plan, is simply saying ' have faith in your talents and continue to believe. Such statements do not preclude making changes.

For the avoidance of doubt, he did switch positions to start the 2nd half. Sterling went to Left mid and Delph to LCM, before Delph got subbed to push up Dihno and have Nando cover Okazaki.

There were contingency plans for 'almost every scenario. You could see it in everything we did, I can outline some of them.

Dihno on Okazaki: man for most of the game. Literally followed Okazaki on every dead ball. Purpose was to have the 2 CBs double Vardy.

Over/Under on Vardy: Both CBs played over under on Vardy all game. If Vardy was on the left Demi was over and Ota under, if he went right they switched, Ota closes and fronts and Demi drops.

Demi didn't go up for a single cornerkickthat ciz they had to keep 2 on Vardy. Him and Zaba. Zab played over when Ota went up for Corners and Demi played under. His only over the top break on goal was an error by Demi, who was attempting to switch the over under with Ota as Vardy was going towards the left, then cut middle.

Delph played help on Mahrez on the left. Mahrez finished with a 47% pass completion. Worst of the season. His goal was an error on Delph, who was ball watching as Mahrez ran past him. Before receiving the ball.

3 second retrieval. When we lost the ball, first defender (I.E closest player to the ball is supposed to attack it immediately and try to retrieve). If we can't regain it in the first attack, the defenders retreated to the top of our 18 box . This happened all night we retrieved a high percentage of our ball in their half. Zab, Ota, Delph, Sterling, Aguero all accomplished this at different times.

Our real problem in the game was our play around their box. Enough players simply weren't crashing the box. Everyone was checking out to the top of the box for the ball. Silva, Aguero, Sterling, all kept coming out of the 18 for the ball.

Coach instructed Yaya to play higher when we had the ball, Yaya moved up or tried crashing the box. Got 2 shots off but he wasn't as effective. Him and Silva pretty much were doing the same thing. Trying to set up others.

Pellars then switched Delph and Sterling, coz Delph is actually a good box crasher. Sterling went left. Then they scored the 2nd.

He pulled Yaya and Delph, to get Dihno higer up the field, and a natural box crasher in Ian on the field.

We lost that game, but the tactics and maneuvers by our coach was quite considerable and easily identifiable.

But then again, when folks don't like you, they don't like you. Nothing you do can change that.

A thoroughly post that well rounded the entire game. I couldn't agree more with the last bit. Well said mate!

You do agree though that he didn't get the personnel spot on? Should have started Sagna, Clichy, and perhaps Fernando.

To be honest after about 15 minutes, we did dominate possession and for periods we were camped in their half, but every time they broke they looked like they could score and for all our possession we didn't really!
Leicester allowed us to get so far and then we just had to pass it from left to right, without being able to do anything really dangerous with it.

So we probably did have a plan, but it wasn't working and Leicesters was, and considering we were all able to call Leicester plans/tactics, makes it farcical that Pellegrini and his team couldn't.

We can try and dress it up but we were a disgrace and Leicester were excellent in what they do. (But f**k me, didn't we allow them to be).

I disagree with your assessment of the first half, but even if it were true, I think you and some of the other fans are reading to much into a comment.

Telling your wards to stick with the plan, is simply saying ' have faith in your talents and continue to believe. Such statements do not preclude making changes.

For the avoidance of doubt, he did switch positions to start the 2nd half. Sterling went to Left mid and Delph to LCM, before Delph got subbed to push up Dihno and have Nando cover Okazaki.

There were contingency plans for 'almost every scenario. You could see it in everything we did, I can outline some of them.

Dihno on Okazaki: man for most of the game. Literally followed Okazaki on every dead ball. Purpose was to have the 2 CBs double Vardy.

Over/Under on Vardy: Both CBs played over under on Vardy all game. If Vardy was on the left Demi was over and Ota under, if he went right they switched, Ota closes and fronts and Demi drops.

Demi didn't go up for a single cornerkickthat ciz they had to keep 2 on Vardy. Him and Zaba. Zab played over when Ota went up for Corners and Demi played under. His only over the top break on goal was an error by Demi, who was attempting to switch the over under with Ota as Vardy was going towards the left, then cut middle.

Delph played help on Mahrez on the left. Mahrez finished with a 47% pass completion. Worst of the season. His goal was an error on Delph, who was ball watching as Mahrez ran past him. Before receiving the ball.

3 second retrieval. When we lost the ball, first defender (I.E closest player to the ball is supposed to attack it immediately and try to retrieve). If we can't regain it in the first attack, the defenders retreated to the top of our 18 box . This happened all night we retrieved a high percentage of our ball in their half. Zab, Ota, Delph, Sterling, Aguero all accomplished this at different times.

Our real problem in the game was our play around their box. Enough players simply weren't crashing the box. Everyone was checking out to the top of the box for the ball. Silva, Aguero, Sterling, all kept coming out of the 18 for the ball.

Coach instructed Yaya to play higher when we had the ball, Yaya moved up or tried crashing the box. Got 2 shots off but he wasn't as effective. Him and Silva pretty much were doing the same thing. Trying to set up others.

Pellars then switched Delph and Sterling, coz Delph is actually a good box crasher. Sterling went left. Then they scored the 2nd.

He pulled Yaya and Delph, to get Dihno higer up the field, and a natural box crasher in Ian on the field.

We lost that game, but the tactics and maneuvers by our coach was quite considerable and easily identifiable.

But then again, when folks don't like you, they don't like you. Nothing you do can change that.

Great post, enjoyed reading that. Agree with your last bit, although I think the manager is a nice enough bloke, I'm bored of watching his team pass pass pass pass and I cannot listen to his pre or post match interviews, they send me to sleep.

Fair play @Dax777, you actually bother to analyse before voicing your opinion, very refreshing.

We did carry a threat in that first half, Silva unlucky not to score, merest deflection denied him, Zab should've had a pen and Dinho could've had a pen. If we could've provided the same threat from set pieces that Leicester did it would have been a much more even contest.

Of course there was a plan. And for what it's worth, it was a pretty even game. We dominated possession, they played well on the counter.

But it makes our fans feel better to believe they know more than the Manager. Clearly, its just unfortunate luck that this man has managed 4 top clubs. Seeing as he is clueless and they are so clued in.

What a lucky guy. Able to fool managements of top clubs all around the world. From Riverplate to Villarreal to Madrid to Malaga to City. No one figured him out until the astute City fandom sourced him out for the fraud he is.

Just watch the clueless gitt swindle his way into Chelsea's pants next.

We should take down that ' Charming Man' banner and replace it with a 'Cunning Man' banner. Surely, he must be the world's greatest con-man.
Dax, the game on Saturday must be the most analysed match I have ever seen on Blue Moon thanks to your good self :-)

Ask yourself some fundamental questions though
1) did we lose ( yes)
2) was the result a fair assessment of our performance ( no, a fair reflection might have been 1 - 6 based on chances missed)
3) ultimately who is responsible for that performance ( Mr Pellegrini)

It's not a case of not liking him. I do, He's a classy guy! The coach takes the cudos when we win quite rightly, but also needs to take responsibility when we get beat/ hammered. You can watch tactical cam to convince yourself that his tactics were spot on for ever and you will never convince the majority on here (me included) that he didn't get this wrong tactically on the day or through more fundamental flaws in the way he coaches the team.
As far as Manuel's past record goes, is it not like the stock market? Past performance is no guarantee of future return.

Keep yourself fresh for Sunday mate, you may have your work cut out again!

A thoroughly post that well rounded the entire game. I couldn't agree more with the last bit. Well said mate!

You do agree though that he didn't get the personnel spot on? Should have started Sagna, Clichy, and perhaps Fernando.
In terms of individual players. Yes! But while fans think in singular games, managers think in groups of games. Sagna and Clichy started 3 days earlier and played the whole game. So it was no surprise he swapped the starting fullbacks. This is a quite common practice.

Fernando I was fine with on the bench, but I could have easily seen him in a midfield 3 with Yaya and Dihno ahead of him. However, Pellars was worried about Mahrez, so he put Delph in to stay close and help Kola cover him. They actually did a pretty decent job on him on the left.

Dax, the game on Saturday must be the most analysed match I have ever seen on Blue Moon thanks to your good self :-)

Ask yourself some fundamental questions though
1) did we lose ( yes)
2) was the result a fair assessment of our performance ( no, a fair reflection might have been 1 - 6 based on chances missed)
3) ultimately who is responsible for that performance ( Mr Pellegrini)

It's not a case of not liking him. I do, He's a classy guy! The coach takes the cudos when we win quite rightly, but also needs to take responsibility when we get beat/ hammered. You can watch tactical cam to convince yourself that his tactics were spot on for ever and you will never convince the majority on here (me included) that he didn't get this wrong tactically on the day or through more fundamental flaws in the way he coaches the team.
As far as Manuel's past record goes, is it not like the stock market? Past performance is no guarantee of future return.

Keep yourself fresh for Sunday mate, you may have your work cut out again!
Nah mate. I'm sure we will win. And some would say its in spite of him and not because of him

I disagree with Pellars a lot. Frankly I disagree with almost any coach I've watched in more than 5 games. Funny enough, I disagree with Bayern Pep more than any manager I've ever watched. But I dont mistake disagreeing with them for them being clueless.

For example, I wouldn't have started Delph. And I wouldn't have started Silva either. Would have played Sagna at CB (Coz I don't think it's as demanding a position as RB. But I would have started Kolarov and rested Clichy just like Pellars did.

I would have started Fernando at DM to do the Okazaki man marking, and given Dihno more freedom. Would have subbed Yaya at half time or about the 50th minute for Silva. Keep both fresh long-term and stop having them duplicate tasks.

Would have started Nacho on the left and Sterling on the right. But none of this would have guaranteed anything if they score on dead ball plays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.