HAMBURG!!

I was hoping we'd get drawn against you guys - but only because you were the only English team left in the competition and also after seeing CoSM on MOTD, I wanted to be there in person :-)

Looking forward to the two games. Both sets of fans are thinking it won't be easy and despite City not being in top form, I think we've got some tough games ahead of us.

Also interesting to see what kinda response Kompany gets on his return. Usually its boos and whistles for any returning player (apart from one) but I hope not. Probably be the only time that he gets to come back so lets hope its respectful applaud.

MattRGF said:
I was hoping we'd get drawn against you guys - but only because you were the only English team left in the competition and also after seeing CoSM on MOTD, I wanted to be there in person :-)

Looking forward to the two games. Both sets of fans are thinking it won't be easy and despite City not being in top form, I think we've got some tough games ahead of us.

Also interesting to see what kinda response Kompany gets on his return. Usually its boos and whistles for any returning player (apart from one) but I hope not. Probably be the only time that he gets to come back so lets hope its respectful applaud.

Please pardon my ignorance, but who is the one? Nice to see some Hamburg fans on here, heres looking forward to a well contested 2 games, that City eventually win ;)

TFC said:
Please pardon my ignorance, but who is the one? Nice to see some Hamburg fans on here, heres looking forward to a well contested 2 games, that City eventually win ;)

Ah right, sorry. Actually there's two. Mehdi Mahdavikia when he came back with Frankfurt last season and Sergei Barbarez when he came back with Leverkusen a few years back. Although the latter is now part of our board! :-D

Anyway, long serving players of the club that helped the club progress. I got a bad feeling Vince is gonna get met with majority of boos and whistles....

Mahdavakia was a hero at Hamburg despite not really being that good. In the few games I saw him he always failed to deliver although he did score twice in a game I saw against 1860 Munich a few years back. I remember the excitement of the fans every time he touched the ball, similar to when Kinky was here.

What do the Hamburg fans think of VDV? Gutted he left to join Madrid and now he rarely plays I wonder if he wishes he was back at the Nordbank arena?

MattRGF said:
TFC said:

Ah right, sorry. Actually there's two. Mehdi Mahdavikia when he came back with Frankfurt last season and Sergei Barbarez when he came back with Leverkusen a few years back. Although the latter is now part of our board! :-D

Anyway, long serving players of the club that helped the club progress. I got a bad feeling Vince is gonna get met with majority of boos and whistles....

What did you thjink of de Jong?

I personally was sad to see him go. One of our best and important players. Battles in midfield endlessly, helps out the back four as neccessary and also works hard. Great midfield all-rounder, imo.

Had a poor first season with us, but that was mainly down to settling in - which he did in no time.

If you ever want to send him back, then feel free :-( hehe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.