Hammers and Sporting chasing Big Phil ....MERGED.

Re: Hammers and Sporting chasing Big Phil ....

Didsbury Dave said:
Is he good enough now for a team challenging the top four? Undoubtedly No
Is he going to get get good enough for a team challenging the top four? Very probably not, in my opinion.

Is having him around unhappy on a good contract taking reserve team positions our Academy lads could be fighting for a good thing? Not in my opinion either.

Therefore, thanks for the effort and the goals, big man, hope you have a good career. But we're moving on.

Too true.

BlueMoon93 said:
I love the guy, hope we keep him. I seriously think we could be looking at one of the best big men in Europe in a few years.

totally agree hes given us 7 goals from half a season lets give him another season with possibly tevez or r s c or eto or croach even n he might pull it out of the bag as it were n if hes kack wil fuck him off in jan but i think he l become a beast of the P L

Letting phil go will prove to be a massive mistake if it goes through. He only young and has got bags of potential, he's strong, tall and powerful and could mature into being a player like L.Toni just not as good in the air. If the worst does happen though if i was MH id make sure he's didnt stay in the premier league because he might just come back and bite us on the ass.

mcfc391 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Is he good enough now for a team challenging the top four? Undoubtedly No
Is he going to get get good enough for a team challenging the top four? Very probably not, in my opinion.

Is having him around unhappy on a good contract taking reserve team positions our Academy lads could be fighting for a good thing? Not in my opinion either.

Therefore, thanks for the effort and the goals, big man, hope you have a good career. But we're moving on.

Too true.

Not true at all

Is he good enough now for a team challenging the top four? No. But the lads only 20 if everybody got rid of evry 20 year old at the club without giving them a proper chance there would be no T.Walcott or even a W.Rooney. Its odvious the lads got potential and given a few seasons and more experiance might turn out to be a brilliant player.
Is he going to get get good enough for a team challenging the top four? In my opinion if he carrys on progressing at the pace he has over the last season then yes he reminds me of Hulk at porto.
And question 3 isnt even worth answering hes not unhappy he's said hes happy at city. Also the young acadamy lads arnt gunna turn round and say ' nahh not gunna bother challenging for the reserve places because theres already someone playing' dont talk daft them acadamy lads are there because the belive they can make it so there not just going to give up and not fight because there is already someone in there position.

If we get a few forwards in then i would send him out on loan for a season to a team where he is going to play the majority of games. He has bagged 7 goals in not too many start and has shown alot of promise that he will cut it in the Prem. All he needs is abit of experience and a full season under his belt. Get him out on loan to West Ham if they want him and see what he can do. I'm sure, from what i have seen of him that he will do a good job there and change many peoples opinions of him!

Why would we sell him for less than we paid. Has shown promise towards the end of last season in the prem and hes only 20.

£4 million, fuck that worth more to us as cover. Rather keep him as a squad player than sign RSC any day of the week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.