Handing Down Allegiance

Luckily for me it's never happened. We are now 5th generation City. My mum and dad were both City. Both sets of my grandparents were City. All my brothers are City. All my kids and my brothers kids are City. My brothers kids kids are all City.
Even when City were really shit our lads being 6,7,8,9 etc still were the only City fans in their school or youth football team.
Manchester is our roots is where I come from , my mum and dad, and both sets of grandparents come from. Our kids and their kids carrying it on all be it from kent nowadays.
How would I feel if we had a black sheep abit up set the degree would depend on which club it was ! If it was liverpool I would make sure they know the really history of them from getting all of England banned from Europe etc. But with our family history I dont really see it happening, as all the kids are taken to matches at an early age and shown where are family lived in burnage and didsbury, they get the full family history lol like our family went to the first and last Maine Road match, this is the old pub we drank in after the match , this is the bus stop at Maine Road we got of at .. family history

My lad supported Real Madrid as a kid through a family friend who was mad on them and I thinked my son was a Ronaldo fan too.

He got taken to see games involving us, Leeds, Huddersfield Town but I always said it's up to him to decide, I mean if you support Madrid a bad season is finishing runner up to Barca right?

As a kid I was similar got to see a lots of Leeds as my older brother followed them in home/away in the 70's & 80's, but it never felt like my team.

Anyway when Chansiri came in and we started spending money we beat Arsenal 3-0 in the 15/16 League Cup and my lad came to me and said I'm a Wednesday fan now, I told him it's not always this good m8, I can suffer in silence as nobody else in the family is into football but I didn't really want have to see someone else go through it :)

Fair play to him though he's stuck with it and is always asking if we can go to away games. Plus all his mates are Leeds fans so he's got to suck that up too at the minute.

I consider it a failure of parenting, though if we are saving children from the evils and moral bankruptcy of being brought up rags or dippers then that is worthwhile.

The disappointment I feel when I read the blue on here talk about his ERO, it's your fundamental duty as a blue to raise another blue.

Thanks for all the replies...It is interesting to read them.
As said it started when a lad I work with told me his father in law had bought a kit and tickets for a game for his son...and it not being the team that he himself supported. I was aghast, as I thought that no matter who you support that to get in the way of a father son/daughter relationship, to deny a parent the chance to do that "first" with their child was really really out of order.
I wondered if it was just me with that view?

From my own experience, my old man took me to Anfield at 7yrs old as he had been taken by his dad and I in turn took my son when he was old enough. Although him having been born over here I did actually tell him that he did have the choice to support Derry City but that he was not allowed anything to do with all the Rangers /Celtic crap that goes on over here.

I consider it a failure of parenting, though if we are saving children from the evils and moral bankruptcy of being brought up rags or dippers then that is worthwhile.

The disappointment I feel when I read the blue on here talk about his ERO, it's your fundamental duty as a blue to raise another blue.

When I did my level 1 coaching badge there was abit on it about child welfare, the bloke doing it said hands up if your son sons/daughters support the same club as you ? Up went my hand with pride. He said that could be seen as a sort of child abuse making your kids support your team !. I lost it calling him a f**king knobhead its about family history you twat etc. Not to sure you are meant to talk to the fa's child protection officer like that lol.
I think it was his kine of joke but I took it as a dig at my family roots ! Still I passed lol

I think the ones I converted to Blues have faded, being teased at school as glory hunters by rag filth was enough. I have never put any pressure on them, I just hope they will eventually see the light!

The only time I can see it being an issue is if the father is a real fan I.e. goes to matches and is excited himself to buy his kids kits and take the kid to games. If someone has got in first I’d doubt the fathers commitment. My son was born in 95. He was christened in a city kit. He had a trial run at Bridge Celtic in early 98 and 22 nd August 1998 went to his first game Wrexham at home 3rd division typical city let me down fukin boring 0-0 draw, thankfully prem league neighbours drew 0-0 at West Ham I convinced him our result was better cause it was also against European opposition. He’s missed about 10 home games all competitions since.
You would make a great politician,telling your child that Wrexham are European oppostion PMSL. Very funny.
Reminds me of when Jasper Carrott was always telling everyone that Birmingham City would be" in Europe "the following season - If there's a war!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.