Happy 5-1 day

''The Maine Road Massacre'
I still have the video!
That's how crap we were then. The club produced
and sold a video (which sold in its thousands) because
we had won one game. Happy days though and that day
in particular is burnt and etched into my mind forever.
What a day that was...

the most unexpected result in a derby i think, i remember it well had tickets in the main stand ( no idea why ) in my personal life i was having a very bad week and didnt fancy watching a lose to the rags but went with hope, talk about a game that changed my life it really did lift me, it took weeks to come down off that high, the 5th is still one of my all time fav goals.

I'm sure I was not the only one in the stadium that day who thought it was all going to go tits up when 'Sparky' scored that bicycle kick goal just after half time?
Understandable at the time, had only been a few home games earlier we blew a 3-0 HT lead v Bournemouth when a win would have put us up...

Didn’t go to the match but was out with a friend getting some stuff for the car, just as we got back in, they were reading out the half times scores on the radio, we both just looked at each other in a WTF way.
Never expected anything like that, there was a huge gulf in quality between those sides, but we’ve often done well against them when that’s been the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.