Happy 70th birthday Colin Bell

Main Road? Main Road??

Please write out 1000 times in your best handwriting:

Maine Road!!!

For my 65th birthday last year, one of my friends bought me a retro shirt with a number 8 on it. Obviously, she had done her homework.

I plead unchecked auto-correct m'lud.

If anyone wants to organise a minute's applause in the 8th minute on Sunday, I'll happily join in! Be nice to give a legend a tribute while he is still around to see it.

Failing that, I expect there to be ample opportunity to sing Colin the King at the top of my lungs throughout the day.

His 2nd comeback was something special,I can still hear the roar(the loudest I'd ever heard at Maine Rd ) as us in the Kippax could see him standing in the tunnel

just be for the start of the 2nd half v QPR replacing Paul Power
Dennis Tueart scored a hat trick but the story/game was all about Colin.He almost scored when put through , he chipped the keeper but the ball landed on the netting.It would have brought the house down if it had gone in
The King

After reading this memories came flooding back. Incredible the din that we made as KC came on!
Belated birthday wishes to a true City legend!

Saw a good bit of the King before that clown Buchan's awful assault. Was in the North Stand on Boxing Day 1977 v Newcastle United and never heard a greater reception from both sets of supporters. THE KING

Watched him as a kid, ate in his restaurant and met him at the Ethiad, pure gent, best footballer ever to wear the City shirt in my lifetime. Happy birthday to Colin the King.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.