Happy 75th Birthday Brian Kidd

I’m struggling to think of anybody else with links to both clubs, who I’ve never heard a bad word said about them from anyone off either side.
Completely agree, but there's others (lesser players perhaps ?) :-

Peter Barnes
Sammy McIlroy
Mark Robins
John Gidman
Peter Beardsley

Completely agree, but there's others (lesser players perhaps ?) :-

Peter Barnes
Sammy McIlroy
Mark Robins
John Gidman
Peter Beardsley

Mcllroy certainly doesn’t fit that category. Got absolute pelters off City fans at Coventry.

Don’t think Beardsley ever actually played for United and you’d have missed his City career if you’d blinked.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a United fan comment either way on Barnes. He was there so briefly they’ve probably forgotten he played for them.

Gidman is possibly the closest. But not really because he’s so respected by both like Kidd. More that he was so insignificant that no one can really be arsed having an opinion either way.

Mcllroy certainly doesn’t fit that category. Got absolute pelters off City fans at Coventry.

Don’t think Beardsley ever actually played for United and you’d have missed his City career if you’d blinked.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a United fan comment either way on Barnes. He was there so briefly they’ve probably forgotten he played for them.

Gidman is possibly the closest. But not really because he’s so respected by both like Kidd. More that he was so insignificant that no one can really be arsed having an opinion either way.
Wynn Davies ?

Wynn Davies ?

Before my time. Looks like he had just one pretty uneventful season at both clubs, so probably not going to stir great emotions either way, even by those old enough to remember him.

Denis Law.

Backheel City legend.

For some for sure.

But I’ve met a lot of blues over the years who weren’t that keen on him. Mainly because of his reaction to that goal. Plus the fact he had a lot more of a distinguished career at United than he did in his two brief spells at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.