Happy 75th Birthday Brian Kidd

Saw kiddo on bridge street at the barbers. I wished him happy birthday from all on Bluemoon forum. He was slightly shocked that everyone on here knew about his birthday

What a servant for both clubs. Yes I hate the red twats with a passion, but I have to say the way he has conducted himself both as a player and at management level has been wonderful.
He was brilliant as a player for City and him and Dennis Tueart used to put the fear of god into the opposition.
By all accounts he was very respected at City by both the players and hierarchy and did a wonderful job with all newcomers coming into the squad.
Kiddo you were one fucking great ambassador.You never let Manchester down.
Happy birthday from a delighted Blue.

My best memory of Brian Kidd was at Wembley in 1968 in a European Cup Final. I had secured tickets for the match from Benfica. The United fans were too dumb to think of doing that.

I wrote to Benfica using an International Money Order and asked for seven tickets. They sent us five. I distributed them between my workmates. One was a Coventry supporter and the others unknown although mostly United leaning.

Eusebio missed a sitter very late in the game when it was 1-1, but ultimately it was the goal by the 19-year old Brian Kidd that settled the match by putting United 3-1 ahead in extra time.

I was devastated at the time, but I cannot begrudge Brian his moment of triumph.

His impact on Manchester football is immeasurable, at the birth of both clubs most successful periods. He really should have the freedom of the city bestowed upon him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.