Happy 80th Birthday Rodders!

manclad

City boys we are here,sh*g your women and drink yo
The original City Rodders turns 80 today.
I was doing my mock o- levels in March 1972 and I remember a school friend bringing a newspaper into school and Rodney's signing for City was plastered all over the back pages.
He was a very divisive signing for City, we should have won the 1st Division in 1972, but ended up fourth instead.
But he was a great talent and a skilled dribbler, and he was a real crowd pleaser and adored by many City fans.
Happy Birthday Rodney.

He divided the fans like no other. I was one of those who was undecided about him. Seems that the players were divided about him too later. He entertained on and off the pitch and was one of the few pundits worth listening too back in the day, with a great sense of humour.

Happy 80th Birthday Rod.

He was my favourite player as a young kid.

I was too young to understand the "he ruined the team chemistry" stories but can remember my old man and uncles blaming him for us not winning the title, but me and my cousin just loved watching this skillful, brilliant player playing for City.

Oh Rodney, Rodney....

Good guy, we were in the commonwealth bar couple of years after we opened he walks in goes the bar ( just been sacked by sky ) and says loadly has anyone got any jobs going so funny had the place in stitches

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.