Happy 80th Birthday Rodders!

Yes it was ,my sister found it in a charity shop in Bournemouth and sent it to me ,send me a pm of your address you can have it if you want.View attachment 134659
Aww that's so good of you pal. I'd love that. Thankyou. I'll send you my address but please let me pay for postage, its bloody expensive these days. :)

Rodney was my favourite player back then too. Loved how he played (and yes I know that it was probably the wrong move for City at the time), but I loved watching him - well the bits that I saw on the telly anyway. I actually looked like a younger version of him at the time and was always trying fancy stuff on the football pitch like him - not quite as well mind...;) My mates in school used to call me Rodney too, which of course I totally encouraged.

Finally saw him in the flesh when he made a few guest appearances for my favourite club in Ireland; Cork Hibernians around 1975 or so. Such a thrill to see him and he didn't disappoint although he only paid a couple of games with them as I recall, and was paid in cash. The story is that he would leave after every match with a bag full of cash...
Hibs sadly went bust some years later. Anyway, great to hear that he is still around. Happy birthday Rod-nee!

I was 7 in 1972 and I loved him.
Always remember a game,where he was just taking the mickey out of some away player,so much so he sat down on the ball taking the piss even more,i hope i haven't imagined that.

Iv chatted,tweeted to him a few times over the years,i once said my dad always says you cost us the league,he replied " tell your dad he's right"

Happy.80th Rodney

The amount of fans who wanted to get into the Chelsea game when he made his debut was crazy, struggled to get into the open bit between the NS & Kippax, just a solid wall of people.

Happy birthday Rodders, always smiled at that little buckle on your shorts.

I was at that game in the newly covered North Stand. Everybody singing the Oh Rodney Rodney song outside. Pre internet days I remember everyone asking if he'd actually signed and if he was playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.