Happy 90th Birthday Skip

Every City fan at the time thought want the fuck we doing signing a guy 30 odd years old who most city fans didn’t know, but wow what a signing and more so what a player , a brilliant addition to the team , happy birthday skip and hope you have many more.

I can remember reading over the years that on derby days in the late 60s early 70s, Book generally had George Best in his pocket.
I also recall older fans saying ,that despite his age , he was a very quick runner. I also read somewhere that George Best said himself he never enjoyed Derby days with City.
I wonder why ? ; )

Every City fan at the time thought want the fuck we doing signing a guy 30 odd years old who most city fans didn’t know, but wow what a signing and more so what a player, a brilliant addition to the team, happy birthday skip and hope you have many more.
Credit to Malcolm Allison for this one. Every City supporter back then thought that Mal had lost his touch.

City made some brilliant signings in that era. Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee, George Heslop, along with Book turned City into promotion front runners.

Two years or so later, Francis Lee was signed and made the team League Champions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.