Happy Anniversary Gary

20 years??

Wow, that's scary.

I remember it well as I'm sure the ashes was on at the time over in oz and I was watching it until silly o'clock. And I'm sure we went in the Clarence beforehand, am I right in saying it opened a little bit earlier because it was a midday kick off?

What I definitely remember is the noise from us as the rags left the pitch after their warm up, the boos and whistling was defeaning, I'd never heard anything like it.

What I also definitely remember is standing on my seat in the North stand after the 2nd goal and then falling through it and waking up the next morning with bruises and scrapes from my ankle to my knee but it was worth it. :)

Remember Remember the 9th November.

First time I’d see us beat United and the best atmosphere I experienced at Maine Road. I started going to games as a child in the early 90’s and had no memory of the 5-1. Beating United felt like an impossible dream especially after being relegated to the third tier. I went through primary school, high school and first year of college without a single derby win.

With it being the last Maine Road derby it just felt like everyone wanted it so badly, almost like losing wasn’t an option even though they were so much better than us. Neville feeding the Goat for his 99th City goal before he went on to get his 100th was just the perfect story. For those of us that grew up with no derby wins, relegations and United titles and cups, this was one of the most emotional City moments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.