Happy Anniversary Gary

The pubs had been ordered to close after the game but we found the Four in Hand in Didsbury had opened anyway. Hundreds of blues in there after having an absolute party making up songs, mainly about Gary Neville.

"GAry Neville, GAry Neville, Feed the goat and he will score"
"We'll drink a drink a drink to Gary the King The King The King"
"Gary Neville is a blue, he feeds Goater"

etc, all night long. This game was up there with the 5-1 because they'd been beating us for years.

The pubs had been ordered to close after the game but we found the Four in Hand in Didsbury had opened anyway. Hundreds of blues in there after having an absolute party making up songs, mainly about Gary Neville.

"GAry Neville, GAry Neville, Feed the goat and he will score"
"We'll drink a drink a drink to Gary the King The King The King"
"Gary Neville is a blue, he feeds Goater"

etc, all night long. This game was up there with the 5-1 because they'd been beating us for years.
Even with all the wins we’ve had over them in the last few years I still maintain this is my favourite ever derby match. For me it even beats the 6-1.

With it being the last derby at Maine road and the wave of excitement I (we) were feeling with keegan being in charge and new players such as anelka/distin and foe coming into the side coupled with United at that time being a very good side I just feel this one will always be my favourite.

Loved that era and that side. The atmosphere that day was something else. Proper raw emotion and happiness that you can only find with city.

Gary not taking the 20th anniversary news on Sky Sports very well

NfjRO0n.gif

What a great birthday present from City that result was

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.