Happy Anniversary Gary

The first derby I remember as a City fan. Was 8 years old at the time. Had the Remember Remember VHS that had the full game. We really should have buried them that day as well but Barthez had one of his rare decent performances for United. Anelka could have had a hat-trick and had two chances to put us 3-1 up and then 4-1 up and somehow missed them both.

First one at 2:25, second one at 3:40.

It’s still one of my favourite games too.

In the chaos that followed the Elk's opener, my glasses fell off and were bent, though not so much that I couldn’t continue wearing them.

Every one of them was magnificent, but I thought Gerard Wiekens shepherded van Noseface brilliantly; how he wasn’t booked for diving remains a mystery to this day. Actually, no it doesn’t, considering the club he played for.

And for The Goat to complete his century of goals for us in that game Ewan the stuff that dreams are made of. Not just for Shaun, but for all of us in Maine Road.

In those days, I travelled up from Stoke with a couple. Her dad lived on Platt Lane, and we’d go there before and after the game to allow the traffic to disperse. While there, my mate rang me as he’d just seen the score. I didn’t realise, until he pointed it out to me, that I was actually hoarse .

A truly wonderful day, and one I will treasure forever.

It’s still one of my favourite games too.

In the chaos that followed the Elk's opener, my glasses fell off and were bent, though not so much that I couldn’t continue wearing them.

Every one of them was magnificent, but I thought Gerard Wiekens shepherded van Noseface brilliantly; how he wasn’t booked for diving remains a mystery to this day. Actually, no it doesn’t, considering the club he played for.

And for The Goat to complete his century of goals for us in that game Ewan the stuff that dreams are made of. Not just for Shaun, but for all of us in Maine Road.

In those days, I travelled up from Stoke with a couple. Her dad lived on Platt Lane, and we’d go there before and after the game to allow the traffic to disperse. While there, my mate rang me as he’d just seen the score. I didn’t realise, until he pointed it out to me, that I was actually hoarse .

A truly wonderful day, and one I will treasure forever.
I'm sure on the highlights I watched a thousand times it was pretty clear Wiekens gave Van Nistleroy an almighty punch in the knackers early doors and Van Nistleroy was psyched out and underperformed for the rest of the match

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.