Happy Backheel Day - 49 years ago today!

That shit chat show that always comes on BT Sport after their live games has just referenced this goal and asked the question… Was this the first ever example of a player not celebrating a goal against an old club?

Was it?

That shit chat show that always comes on BT Sport after their live games has just referenced this goal and asked the question… Was this the first ever example of a player not celebrating a goal against an old club?

Was it?
Probably impossible to verify

Probably impossible to verify

Obviously it can never be verified as fact. But I think the question was more, was it the first instance that ever got any publicity?

I agree with the chat show people for once that it’s got ridiculous now. They were talking about Neco Williams scoring at Anfield the other day. A goal that could have been a huge step in keeping Forest up. But he didn’t celebrate on account of playing about five minutes for Liverpool a while ago.

Bump.I wasn't even born when this wonderful moment happened.I remember my late grandad telling me
how Mike Doyle stood up to all the rags who invaded the pitch and just stared at them and laugh at the
poor little cunts.He was his fave player

Well I found this clip (all 7mins of the game) and you can see Mickey D in his pomp
My grandad used to also say how underated Tommy Booth and Willie Donachie were

How fuckin shite was the pitch.A bit like their shithole stadium now :-)

Looking forward to the 50th celebrations in a few months time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.