Happy Birthday Alan Oakes

Happy birthday to you Alan I first started watching you and City in August 67 and that team was such a great side for 5 years or so, you were so instrumental in that trophy winning era, never underestimated in my eyes .
Have a great day unsung hero !

Happy Birthday big man.

I'll never comprehend how he never played for England

He lives down the road from me, I might screen shot a few of these and print them off into a card

I don’t ever remember seeing him being at the eithad and taking a huge round of applause happy birthday Alan.

Thats a shame. He never seems to be seen at the club , which as our record appearance holder, is a big shame
I was the Chairman of the Mid Cheshire Branch and I had a conversation with Alan & his son Michael, ex Wolves and Villa goalie, and asked if they would do a Q & A session at one of our monthly meetings. They both declined and apologised and both said it wasn`t for them, as Alan has always been a reserved sort of person and thats when he told me that he enjoyed rugby and golf far more than footie.
I did however see him at a City game not too long ago, as he was one of the "old crew" who were invited over when we won one of the PL trophies but I can`t remember what year that was, but it was in the Pep era.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.