Happy Takeover Day!

Vienna_70

Team supported
Treble Winners 2022/23.
12 years ago today, Manchester City started a new era with the purchase of the club by HRH Sheikh Mansour.

The first I knew of it was when Mrs Vienna texted me at work, saying there were rumours going around that we were about to be bought.

By the time I arrived home, the sale had been confirmed and news started filtering through that we were trying to buy Robinho and Berbatoss.

It remains one of the best days in 50+ years of supporting city.

I was waiting to go back to uni at that point, had just finished work so was having a few weeks off

Woke up to the news, didn't move off bluemoon all day or sky sports news and when Robinho signed it was just an unreal moment

As was his goal vs Chelsea a week later

Great week that was

I was at work worrying about a rumoured fire sale of players.

I'd finished an avoidance of dispute meeting with directors. Got back to my union office and my brother text me saying. "What's it like to support the richest club in the world?" I thought he was taking the piss until I got home and saw it for myself on Sky Sports News.

MCFC - Ruining football since 2008

We were going up to Sunderland (I think?) and we saw a tiny article in one of the papers saying that Frank was selling to his mate the Sheikh. We thought it was a another classic 'Rodney Marsh' but the rest, as they say, is history...… oh hang on, best not use the word history where City are concerned !!! Thank you Sheikh Mansour (My Lord)

Incredible week and I remember it pretty well. Signed SWP on the same day we somehow progressed in the UEFA cup after an awful performance, scraping through on penalties after a last minute equaliser. Three days later Wright-Phillips got a brace on his debut. Following day was the takeover announcement, was glued to watching SSN for 16 hours straight. Great stuff

One of the most surreal moments of my life, couldn't believe it tbh. The only time i've felt the same was getting on the train for the first PL victory parade with another blue i'd never met before, and we just stared blindly at each other and both whispered "wtf?" in disbelief that Manchester City had won the fucking league. Mental.

What a day that was. Thought my dad was bullshitting me when he text me on my way to work. The atmosphere that chelsea home game was summat else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.